Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:38 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,501,951 times

Advertisements

Politics aside does anyone know what the law in CA is regarding bring guns from out of state that are not legal to sell there. I live in CO, but for personal reasons, may need to move back to CA. I was looking at the Ruger LCP .380 and it says not legal to sell in CA. I will be buying it here and bringing it to CA.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 06:45 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,960,534 times
It's legal if the progressive gestapo don't find out about it.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
It's legal if the progressive gestapo don't find out about it.

My only thought is that they view a pocket pistol as some Saturday night special which is far from the truth.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:10 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,101,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post

My only thought is that they view a pocket pistol as some Saturday night special which is far from the truth.
It's a bit more detailed than that. California requires some stringent testing, drop test, etc... It costs so much for a manufacturer to test and get registered with the list that "IF" a gun is not a hot seller, they won't take the time to pay to have it listed. Or, maybe that gun was replaced with a newer version of the model, the manufacturer will register the newer version, why pay the money to push a product they no longer make?

The result? There are a lot of perfectly safe firearms in the country, that due to cost of registering and testing, the manufacturer doesn't do it, hence, you don't get to own one while there.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
It's a bit more detailed than that. California requires some stringent testing, drop test, etc... It costs so much for a manufacturer to test and get registered with the list that "IF" a gun is not a hot seller, they won't take the time to pay to have it listed. Or, maybe that gun was replaced with a newer version of the model, the manufacturer will register the newer version, why pay the money to push a product they no longer make?

The result? There are a lot of perfectly safe firearms in the country, that due to cost of registering and testing, the manufacturer doesn't do it, hence, you don't get to own one while there.
Great now I feel no guilt bringing it there since it's such a bogus law. I can probably buy a .50 cal in CA but no mouse .380?

Old 08-05-2013, 08:19 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,083,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Great now I feel no guilt bringing it there since it's such a bogus law. I can probably buy a .50 cal in CA but no mouse .380?
How about going to the LC380 or LC9....

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
How about going to the LC380 or LC9....

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

I went to Gander Mountain and "tried to pocket carry" both of those and too bulky in my cargo shorts, so I can just imagine what it would be like with biz casual pants. I sweat more than avg so IWB and SOB are just out. I really wanted the LC9 but it was just too damn bulky the LCP is perfect.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,853,447 times
You need to go onto one of their state-based websites - I'd personally recommend Calguns.net - and ask them there. You do NOT want to be found in violation of their draconian gun laws - good way to end up in prison AND lose your gun rights. There's NO way I'd trust anyone but those on calguns to answer that question!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
You need to go onto one of their state-based websites - I'd personally recommend Calguns.net - and ask them there. You do NOT want to be found in violation of their draconian gun laws - good way to end up in prison AND lose your gun rights. There's NO way I'd trust anyone but those on calguns to answer that question!
Thanks

Old 08-05-2013, 10:31 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,853,447 times
Bueno! I'm a long-time collector, and the CA laws are absolutely insane. No rhyme or reason to 'em, but folks out there keep electing the ones that are bent on destroying their rights, so they're getting what they're asking for, I reckon.

I just picked up a KelTec KSG. Here in Texas, you hear "neat shotgun!" In CA, you'd hear "POLICE!! Put the gun down, and step away!"

Ah LOVE Texas.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting