Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

The three Cookout locations in Greenville and Spartanburg I have seen are dine in. I would not be surprised if the Laurens Road store is dine in.

Checkers felt they were not doing well in the area, grew tired of being here, or had a franchisee go under.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Why did Checkers close in Greenville? They still have many locations in Ga and seem to do well there, and I thought they did a decent business here. And I always thought they were good fast food, and food was hot and fresh. I liked their burgers and seasoned fries.

Speaking of Georgia and Burger places I saw this week Krystal is moving their headquarters to the ATL after being in Chattanooga all these years. I think they are planning on a southern expansion. I hope this means more stores for the upstate. The only SC stores I know of now are Woodruff Rd, Gaffney and Mrytle Beach. Greenwood had one in the late 90's but it has closed.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:23 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
Was checking Alchemy Bookstore's website and they mentioned the Village Store is now open in downtown Anderson. I think it's supposed to be like a smaller version of a Mast's General Store/Grocery store.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Monterrey opened today on Wade Hampton in Greer. The place was packed, but I have never read, nor heard a good word about them.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 AM

121 posts, read 244,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Monterrey opened today on Wade Hampton in Greer. The place was packed, but I have never read, nor heard a good word about them.
My family and I were part of that crowd. I thought the inside decor was nice, food was good (fish tacos, taco salad minus sour cream + Chipotle sauce, kids had enchilada combination platter). Our service was very, very lovely.

Hope they do well!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,758,484 times
I will stick with Mr. Salsa and La Renta.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM

4,227 posts, read 6,905,580 times
Chicora Alley is open for dinner starting tonight! We are very busy this week so I'm not sure if we will make it out tonight...maybe Friday night.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:11 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Chicora Alley is open for dinner starting tonight! We are very busy this week so I'm not sure if we will make it out tonight...maybe Friday night.
As soon as my partner returns from a business trip, we'll be trying it out!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Speaking of Georgia and Burger places I saw this week Krystal is moving their headquarters to the ATL after being in Chattanooga all these years. I think they are planning on a southern expansion. I hope this means more stores for the upstate. The only SC stores I know of now are Woodruff Rd, Gaffney and Mrytle Beach. Greenwood had one in the late 90's but it has closed.
Krystal has always had many locations in the greater Atlanta area, so it does seem to make sense to move the headquarters there. And they have had several locations in Greenville over the years, but they don't always seem to pick the best locations. I'm not sure the current Woodruff Rd. location does a big business. Since most are open 24 hrs, they need to locate near college campuses, night clubs, and interstate highways. Also wouldn't mind a White Castle around here, but they only overlap with Krystal in a few towns along I-75 in Kentucky.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Krystal has always had many locations in the greater Atlanta area, so it does seem to make sense to move the headquarters there. And they have had several locations in Greenville over the years, but they don't always seem to pick the best locations. I'm not sure the current Woodruff Rd. location does a big business. Since most are open 24 hrs, they need to locate near college campuses, night clubs, and interstate highways. Also wouldn't mind a White Castle around here, but they only overlap with Krystal in a few towns along I-75 in Kentucky.
Kind of a tangent here, but I thought Nashville had a few White Castles(?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area