Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2018, 08:14 AM

285 posts, read 457,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Farmhouse Pizza for old Monterrey’s on Laurens Road.
Wow , that Monterrey's stood the test of time. I cannot remember if it or Poinsett was the first Greenville location. If I had to guess I would go with Laurens.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:41 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,608,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Farmhouse Pizza for old Monterrey’s on Laurens Road.
that's a huge improvement - Laurens Road is finally getting decent restaurants: Willy Taco, Kitchen Sync (fantastic), Swad, Schwaben House, new Chick-fil-a, new Starbucks, etc

Old 12-28-2018, 03:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
that's a huge improvement - Laurens Road is finally getting decent restaurants: Willy Taco, Kitchen Sync (fantastic), Swad, Schwaben House, new Chick-fil-a, new Starbucks, etc
It's interesting that when I moved here in 2010, Laurens Road only seemed to have mostly car dealerships and most ol' timers said the stores relocated to Woodruff Road. Now I see vacancies on Woodruff Road and now Laurens Road is getting a lot of businesses. I am happy to see Laurens Road becoming popular again for businesses.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:15 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Wish we could get some decent restaurants on the other motor mile on Wade Hampton in Greer. Nothing but fast foods and crappy chains really. We need some of these local restauranteurs to open something worthwhile out here. Would love a Smokin Pig among others. Be thrilled with a Jason's Deli even! Happy that we at least have Guacamole's

Old 12-28-2018, 09:05 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Wish we could get some decent restaurants on the other motor mile on Wade Hampton in Greer. Nothing but fast foods and crappy chains really. We need some of these local restauranteurs to open something worthwhile out here. Would love a Smokin Pig among others. Be thrilled with a Jason's Deli even! Happy that we at least have Guacamole's
I know you're not a fan, but I've been begging Lazaro for years to put a Tropical Grill on Wade Hampton.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:48 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I know you're not a fan, but I've been begging Lazaro for years to put a Tropical Grill on Wade Hampton.
True, not a fan, so that wouldn't make me any happier if he did.

It would be nice to have the option around here though. These businesses are missing their opportunity to get in before more chains snatch up the land that's still available around here, like Popeyes and Andy's did. Again, 2 more fast food places, the likes of which are already in the area.

We need some originality around this area. Some unusual places that will not only bring the citizens of Greer to spend their money here, rather than other areas around the county. Give us something new, something fresh, something good in this area!

I know, wishful thinking...we can't even get a Publix. Another business REALLY missing the boat.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:31 AM

207 posts, read 216,501 times
Wendy's is going in to a portion of the former Atlanta Bread building on Pelham Road at I-85.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:59 AM

33 posts, read 36,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailVictory View Post
Has anyone mentioned the new Crazy Quesadilla over at Hudson Corners?
Crazy Quesadilla
We went the other day and it was fantastic! I would suggest the chicken parm quesadilla and add the chips and queso dip!

Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Wow , that Monterrey's stood the test of time. I cannot remember if it or Poinsett was the first Greenville location. If I had to guess I would go with Laurens.
I remember going to the Poinsett location 25 years ago in the mid-afternoon to find the door locked and a lot of the staff asleep on top of the tables. They really took the afternoon Siesta idea to heart at that time.

They seemed to get very stuck as a chain and never really updated anything beyond the standard "Gringo Mexican Restaurant" menu.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:32 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
Wendy's is going in to a portion of the former Atlanta Bread building on Pelham Road at I-85.

weird.. Wendy's basically already failed once at that basic location.

Been a while since I've been that way, but isn't the old closed Wendy's across the street off the Parkway still vacant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area