Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 11:14 AM

5,159 posts, read 7,346,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
It appears Macys at Haywood is remodeling part of their second floor for a Macy's Backstage store which is their version of TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack.
As I mentioned previously this Macy's Backstage has been in the planning stages since last year. I just hope they don't shrink the Men's dept. to make room. Perhaps reduce the Home or Furniture space. I'm not sure how much furniture they sell with other direct competitors in the area that sell only home furnishings in large showroom stores. Seems like reducing the furniture space for an outlet concept that has proven successful would be a smart move.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:35 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
As I mentioned previously this Macy's Backstage has been in the planning stages since last year. I just hope they don't shrink the Men's dept. to make room. Perhaps reduce the Home or Furniture space. I'm not sure how much furniture they sell with other direct competitors in the area that sell only home furnishings in large showroom stores. Seems like reducing the furniture space for an outlet concept that has proven successful would be a smart move.
I don't think they are shrinking the men's store at all. It looks like it will start past that on the side with the exit closest to Cheesecake Factory back to where the matresses are located. Kids looks like it's being moved to the former housewares section and housewares moved to the other side.

They still maintain a full line store when they add these store within a store departments pretty much. Apparently it is doing well for them elsewhere and improves sales on the full line side as well. Kind of like the old "bargain basements" department stores used to have years ago.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:27 PM

White Barn Candle store and brand new Bath and Body Works relocating to the former Ann Taylor space on lower level of Haywood Mall.

Bath and Body Works at Cherrydale has been getting a complete new upfit as well.

Posted previously construction bids went out several months ago for another new Bath and Body Works at Greenridge in the former Salsaritas space. Not sure where that still stands with the new stores in development at Haywood and Cherrydale.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:29 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
White Barn Candle store and brand new Bath and Body Works relocating to the former Ann Taylor space on lower level of Haywood Mall.

Bath and Body Works at Cherrydale has been getting a complete new upfit as well.

Posted previously construction bids went out several months ago for another new Bath and Body Works at Greenridge in the former Salsaritas space. Not sure where that still stands with the new stores in development at Haywood and Cherrydale.
Where is LEGO going if not the old Ann Taylor space? Maybe the current location of Bath & Body Works?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Where is LEGO going if not the old Ann Taylor space? Maybe the current location of Bath & Body Works?
That's what I was thinking too. Not many vacant spots.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:32 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Awesome: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/r...rkley-station/

Old 08-15-2018, 06:54 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I expect both Hoppin' and Urban Wren to be a hit. And after a few beers, walk over to Todaro's for some late night pizza!

https://www.hoppinclt.com/how-it-works

Old 08-15-2018, 07:54 AM

387 posts, read 330,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I expect both Hoppin' and Urban Wren to be a hit. And after a few beers, walk over to Todaro's for some late night pizza!

https://www.hoppinclt.com/how-it-works
Hoppin sounds like the same model as Pour: Pour Taproom Greenville

Old 08-15-2018, 07:07 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,178,365 times
I don't know if I missed this, but Harris Teeter is going in to the complex being built on Wade Hampton/Church/Stone.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:05 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I don't know if I missed this, but Harris Teeter is going in to the complex being built on Wade Hampton/Church/Stone.
Yeah it’s called Northpointe and has its own thread. It’s been in the works for years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area