Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Greenville's getting a third (!) comic store. Opens June 4th at 3715 E. North Street (where Haywood and E. North cross).
I wonder if We've Got Issues will limit itself to comics and collectibles. Several comic stores have expanded to feature collectible card games with organized play and other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Anybody know whats going into the old meineke building on Fairview Rd. in Simpsonville. They have torn three sides off the building and gutted it.
I hope nothing along the lines of a loan shop, spa, fitness center or anything dubious.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:40 PM

503 posts, read 692,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I hope nothing along the lines of a loan shop, spa, fitness center or anything dubious.
I agree, I'm about sick of seeing spa and cross fit gyms on every corner.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Anybody know whats going into the old meineke building on Fairview Rd. in Simpsonville. They have torn three sides off the building and gutted it.
Meineke.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Meineke.
So they just let the building sit empty for a year and then decide to gut it and reopen it....that makes a crapload of sense.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:51 PM

453 posts, read 646,498 times
Quote:
So they just let the building sit empty for a year and then decide to gut it and reopen it....that makes a crapload of sense.
If it is a Meineke again, there's more to the story than that. That building was definitely on the market, and GRB Properties (who I guess was handling the listing?) says it's been sold. Crazier things have happened, though!

Old 03-27-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
If it is a Meineke again, there's more to the story than that. That building was definitely on the market, and GRB Properties (who I guess was handling the listing?) says it's been sold. Crazier things have happened, though!
Yeah that was my thought too was if it was them again something was up with that.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I agree, I'm about sick of seeing spa and cross fit gyms on every corner.
Cross Fit is expanding very quickly. Sadly, I have seen very little business at three locations.

Five Forks Cross Fit should contact South Carolina Department of Transportation to add a traffic signal for traffic exiting onto Woodruff Road or Scuffletown Road. Bad access at a signalized intersection will kill their business quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Meineke.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that was my thought too was if it was them again something was up with that.
I think Meineke stores are independently owned and operated. Perhaps another owner bought the site and wanted to overhaul the location to Meineke standards.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Cross Fit is expanding very quickly. Sadly, I have seen very little business at three locations.

Five Forks Cross Fit should contact South Carolina Department of Transportation to add a traffic signal for traffic exiting onto Woodruff Road or Scuffletown Road. Bad access at a signalized intersection will kill their business quickly.
That's is so true, but then again I never see any cars in the parking lot to it doesnt really matter to much I guess. Its just another fad that will fade quickly and leave another empty building.

Quote:
I think Meineke stores are independently owned and operated. Perhaps another owner bought the site and wanted to overhaul the location to Meineke standards.
You could be correct but again I have to think it odd that one store failed and someone would want to try it again. Hey maybe this is the new handlebar location LOL.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:26 AM

Upstate Business Journal (2014-04-04) reported:

Quote:
  • Word is Carolina Pizzeria is going into the old Schwaben House German restaurant on Pelham Road
  • Also coming to 3906 Pelham Road in August is PDQ (for "People Dedicated to Quality"), a fast-casual restaurant chain specializing in hand-battered chicken tenders, made-to-order sandwiches, fries, milkshakes and fresh salads
  • Look for a new Señor Salsa coming soon to Woodruff Point Shopping Center
  • Ice cream lovers, keep watch for a new Stanley's Ice Cream opening soon in Howell Ridge on East North Street
The former Meineke on Fairview Road in Simpsonville will be filled by Kay Jewelers and Aspen Dental.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:39 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Upstate Business Journal (2014-04-04) reported:

The former Meineke on Fairview Road in Simpsonville will be filled by Kay Jewelers and Aspen Dental.
Kay Jewelers in a small strip building like that? That's odd I thought they were usually in malls. If mall type retailers are looking at buildings like that in Simpsonville maybe it is time to develop an open air mall in Simpsonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area