Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,687 times

Advertisements

Not all the furniture is high end, but some of it is. That's half the fun of looking. They had a bed in there that was beautiful and I looked up the manufacturer and item and it was a 4K bed selling for $400.00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,178,365 times
Rapunzil, I'll def. check that place out - I'll just make sure it's NOT on a Monday!

I drove by Mattress Max / Furniture Liquidators twice previously and today drove by again, but then did a U-turn and went back to check it out, and gotta say I'm glad I did. Definitely NOT what I was expecting. First of all, the name just throws me off, I'm not interested in buying a mattress, so one would think it was a mattress store, but boy, was I wrong! Since I'm new to the area, it's on Wade Hampton, but it's where WH turns in to Abernathy Hwy, so I think it's considered Spartanburg territory, though I did see an award where Greenville voted it one of the best somethings of 2009?

If you can get past the most gawdiest pieces of furniture right when you walk in (I guess it's considered a camo type)you'd be surprised to see what they have. I had to say, I was definitely surprised to find some really great furniture in there. I can't tell you how the prices compare to some of the other places since I just started to look, but I can tell you I did find a couch by England that I thought was fair, and a very unusual set I hadn't seen the likes of anywhere, a few chairs, etc. I really didn't think this place would have anything I'd want, thus the reason I passed it twice since I've been here, but it was worth the stop and it's one of the 3 places I plan on taking my OH back to to look at furniture when he arrives, and out of the 3 places, I'd say this one ranked one of the top two.

Guy was really nice in there too, thought he was one of the guys that load furniture, was actually one of the owners, cute name too Michael Jolly! He looked jolly!

Would love to find more places like that, where you don't expect to find stuff but you are quite impressed.

Anyone else have any places to add?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 PM

54 posts, read 219,090 times
Factory Furniture is where we dropped $2500 on a couch with chaise, 2 coordinating arm chairs, cafe height (?) kitchen table and 8 chairs. We were able to negotiate with them price wise since we were purchasing so much and not using a credit card.

We special ordered so it did take a few weeks to come in and then when the couch finally came in, they found they had ordered the wrong part and called immediately and were very very apologetic.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico77 View Post
Factory Furniture is where we dropped $2500 on a couch...
We dropped a lot more than that there when we moved here cause we didn't bring anything with us except a piano and computer. The desk we bought got broken in transit and they were pretty quick to get us a new one. This was a long time ago when their Dad was still alive. Would love to shop there again but will probably never have the money again.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM

156 posts, read 356,248 times
Thanks everyone -- we went to Unclaimed Furn yesterday and actually found some end tables that had a great price! Think we're going to end up getting our leather furniture from Jeff Lynch.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM

16 posts, read 45,443 times
There's a new place on Congaree in the same building as McAlister's Deli....it's called Marked-Down Furniture or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area