Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:42 AM

192 posts, read 609,163 times

Advertisements

Wait...arent the bob jones people the folks who stand downtown and shout that aids is a cleanser and abortion is murder? those guys are nutcases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 08:36 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,486,984 times
I would put Christ Church Episcopal School and St. Joseph's Catholic School at the top of my list, although there are many good private schools in Greenville. Also check out Shannon Forest and Southside Christian School.

I cannot comment on the quality of the education at Bob Jones, but based on what I have heard I am confident that you will either find it to be exactly what you are looking for or totally not what you are looking for.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 AM

301 posts, read 806,873 times
I think the first poster meant that Bob Jones has the *perception* of being full of nutcases, even though that may not be true. She didn't say they were full of nutcases.

Although... I've always been told they're full of nutcases. Not gonna lie. I have no idea though. I don't know anyone who goes there.

But... my school plays several schools in Greenville. Christ Church is one of them... and they tend to like to cuss us out at games... but they have a *very* nice campus. I have a friend who goes to St. Joes... she likes it. Don't remember much about Shannon Forest...

Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,984,864 times
"Although... I've always been told they're full of nutcases. Not gonna lie. I have no idea though. I don't know anyone who goes there."

I recently took a extended education class at BJU, and wondered what to expect, as I had heard some stuff. I'm a Christian, so that wasn't a concern, but I had heard that they had some really extreme views. Well, everyone in the class either worked there or had some connection to the school it seemed and all of them seemed no different than any other group that I would have found elsewhere. I really enjoyed all of their company.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and this is what I think. I am a Yankee, recently moved to the area, and what I find here is that people in the south are so much LESS judgemental than they are in large cities up north. It is a breath of fresh air. People in big cities in this country talk about diversity and appreciating differences, but they in general, do not walk the walk. Just my 2 cents!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,265 times
A newer Christian School in Northern Greenville County is Blue Ridge Christian Academy. [URL="http://www.BRCA.us"]WWW.BRCA.us[/URL] They currently have K4- 10th grade but will be adding a grade each year. First graduating class would be 2011. Great atmosphere, small classes, college prep. Beautiful setting! It sits at the bottom of Glassy Mtn. It has made all the difference for my children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area