Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2008, 12:53 PM

642 posts, read 2,089,792 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to some pics of the simpsonville area they are a bit old but not that old. But I do take request if anyone wants to see a certain area and I know where it is I will be happy to go take pics for you.

My Picture Page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,855,850 times
good god! how old are these pics? some of them look like they are in black and white? who took them? ansel adams? hahaha, just kidding. nice pics, thanks for sharing!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Thanks! Nice doggy.

Now I have an entirely different view of Simpsonville. I had no idea it was so rural. Everyone keeps talking about how crowded it's getting and your pictures make it look like a deserted ghost town.

What's that white stuff on the ground?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:26 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,330,780 times
Most of the pictures on the front looks to be in the rural part of the county and outside of the city limits. Also we literally shut down in the south when it snows. I ask the poster to post some pics of Simpsonville during regular hours and a regular day and you will see differently. Its a nice place to live. Their(the city) website says that Simpsonville has the 2nd highest income per capita in the state behind Mauldin which is 1st.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thanks! Nice doggy.

Now I have an entirely different view of Simpsonville. I had no idea it was so rural. Everyone keeps talking about how crowded it's getting and your pictures make it look like a deserted ghost town.

What's that white stuff on the ground?
yeah it is a little crowded on fairview road but other then that it is not bad around here at all. But it has grown a lot from over the past 10 years but it is just mostly on that one road. It is not really all that bad the worse part of the road is in between walmart and the bridge. And there is still a lot of rual places in simpsonville heck we still got cows in the middle of down town lol..

Old 03-23-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
yeah it is a little crowded on fairview road but other then that it is not bad around here at all. But it has grown a lot from over the past 10 years but it is just mostly on that one road. It is not really all that bad the worse part of the road is in between walmart and the bridge. And there is still a lot of rual places in simpsonville heck we still got cows in the middle of down town lol..

Yikes. As long as they get out of the way! NH had more cars than people many years ago! Maine was like that too. Coming from the Boston area, I really enjoyed taking a trip to the mountains, but it seemed a little too quiet for me back then. I'm a lot older now, so if I have high speed internet and satellite TV & some books, I don't need much more.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:12 PM

672 posts, read 1,418,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post

I just bought a house off of Fairview Rd...and I know which cows you're talking about
Attached Thumbnails
Some pictures of the simpsonville Area-dscn0964.jpg  

Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
I just bought a house off of Fairview Rd...and I know which cows you're talking about
lol yup they are the ones I would be talking about.

I just don't think it is that busy here. At some times of the day it can be a little busy but nothing bad. I live in simpsonville and go on fairview rd everyday. It for sure is a lot more busy then it use to be. I remember when that entire area was just about all cows, and it was not really that long ago that it was like that. But I don't mind the growth I hope it keeps going.

Looking forward to see what main street is going to look like when they get finished with that. But I hear they are going to take it from 4 lanes in too two lanes. Now I do think that is crazy if they are going to do that. Just cause not enough room on that road now.

But it would be nice if they could put more sidewalks around. But other then that I love simpsonville and im sure this is the place I will live for the rest of my life.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Yikes. As long as they get out of the way! NH had more cars than people many years ago! Maine was like that too. Coming from the Boston area, I really enjoyed taking a trip to the mountains, but it seemed a little too quiet for me back then. I'm a lot older now, so if I have high speed internet and satellite TV & some books, I don't need much more.
How did I do this? I thought I wrote.."NH had more COWS than people" Otherwise my statement doesn't make any sense. My brain said one thing and my fingers said another!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
How did I do this? I thought I wrote.."NH had more COWS than people" Otherwise my statement doesn't make any sense. My brain said one thing and my fingers said another!
lol that is ok I just noticed that you said cars and not cows lol But then again my brain never works well any how...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area