Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 AM

20 posts, read 33,709 times

Advertisements

Hello!!

Me and my family are relocating to the area soon. I am torn between what city to live in. We have only began our house hunting online, and so far there are so many houses to choose from. We have two small kids and I am looking for a very family friendly neighborhood with amenities such as pool, playground etc. What areas should we stay away from, and which are the "best of the best". Any information helps!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 AM

462 posts, read 969,544 times
Refer to this post for bad areas in greenville...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...part-town.html

If you read down you will find similar posts with replies that you may find helpful. Good luck

Old 06-10-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaholic View Post
Refer to this post for bad areas in greenville...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...part-town.html

If you read down you will find similar posts with replies that you may find helpful. Good luck

Thanks, well I was more focused on what areas would be better and family friendly, Anderson or Simpsonville, it seems a lot of the threads are from a few years ago, but I am sure not a lot has changed.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 PM

5,496 posts, read 8,350,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVtoLVtoSC View Post
Thanks, well I was more focused on what areas would be better and family friendly, Anderson or Simpsonville, it seems a lot of the threads are from a few years ago, but I am sure not a lot has changed.
It really depends on what amenities you want, and how close you want to be to them.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
It really depends on what amenities you want, and how close you want to be to them.
Well I would basically like to be in a subdivision with a pool, playground, etc. Probably not too far out of the city limits

Old 06-10-2013, 04:41 PM

5,496 posts, read 8,350,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVtoLVtoSC View Post
Well I would basically like to be in a subdivision with a pool, playground, etc. Probably not too far out of the city limits
Ok. That can be found in either location. Simpsonville is a suburb of Greenville and is closer to more amenities. Anderson stands more on its own.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:03 PM

807 posts, read 1,788,420 times
Well I somewhat agree unless you get in Powdersville which is in Anderson County but not all the way in Anderson. The dividing lines from Counties can be confusing.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:10 PM

462 posts, read 969,544 times
Simpsonville and Greenville have a lot more to offer than Anderson in my opinion.

Depending on your price range, You can find subdivisons in both towns with what you are looking for. Most of the neighborhoods with pools and amenities are very nice and well maintained thanks to Homeowners Associations.

I personally love Greenville near Hudson rd and Pelham rd area. I also love Taylors. They both offer nice neighborhoods, good schools, lots of shopping and restaurants and plenty to do.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:21 AM

684 posts, read 1,189,832 times
Simpsonville is a weird long shaped shaped town. Some houses are quite south and in the boonies, others are a few minutes form I-85. Anderson is rounder.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 AM

Ya we are looking for basically a $250,000 or less 4 bedroom 2500+ sq ft house that is newer (less than 4 years old) and it seems all of the ones in Anderson are a lot older and the prices are higher, but you look like you get a lot of land. I think a subdivision would suit us well with an HOA that's what we are used to and I like to have more families in the community too ( I have a 3 and 1 1/2 year old).

Are the communities closer to the interstate better than the ones out in the rural areas of Simpsonville, or are they about the same? It would be nice to be closer to the activities going on in town and not too far out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area