Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM

73 posts, read 178,152 times

Advertisements

Duke Sandwich manufacturing comes to Powdersville...

Duke Sandwich Productions establishing new plant in Anderson County | South Carolina Department of Commerce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 03:52 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
Powdersville should be incorporated...would probably be the most successful city in Anderson County. First they need a gas station somewhere in the area that stays open 24/7...they'd make a killing.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Powdersville should be incorporated...would probably be the most successful city in Anderson County. First they need a gas station somewhere in the area that stays open 24/7...they'd make a killing.
I know of multiple 24-hr stations in Powdersville. Why is that so important? Powdersville is a quiet bedroom community near a major interstate highway. Unless you are leaving home, returning home, passing through, or looking for targets to rob, there aren't many other reasons to be driving overnight in Powdersville. If you're just looking for a place to "hang out" overnight, then try the Huddle House, Waffle House, or Pilot truck stop.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Yep - incorporation would help them control the growth and make it fit the locals' needs better. Glad to see the Duke Sandwich Productions move, but things like sign and landscaping ordinances in that area would definitely contribute to quality of life.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Yep - incorporation would help them control the growth and make it fit the locals' needs better. Glad to see the Duke Sandwich Productions move, but things like sign and landscaping ordinances in that area would definitely contribute to quality of life.
So is that saying the town is not well kept?

Old 04-25-2012, 06:00 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
No, in fact it's pretty much typical "suburban". But incorporating would give the area more of an identity, and would help it become more visually consistent.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I know of multiple 24-hr stations in Powdersville. Why is that so important? Powdersville is a quiet bedroom community near a major interstate highway. Unless you are leaving home, returning home, passing through, or looking for targets to rob, there aren't many other reasons to be driving overnight in Powdersville. If you're just looking for a place to "hang out" overnight, then try the Huddle House, Waffle House, or Pilot truck stop.
Well by all means, please tell me of one. I was going south on I-85 one time, needed gas, and got off at exit 40. I first went to the gas station to the left near the waffle house...lights were on outside, but it was closed. Next drove towards Powdersville and stopped at two more gas stations close to and right at 153/81...once again, closed. I actually started to drive towards Easley before I decided instead of risking it to just go back to 85 and hit exit 35.

I know Powdersville is a bedroom community...so is most of Anderson county...but their seems to be citizens concerns for the trend to change to have more locally and not have to go to Greenville for jobs (though in Powdersville, this will of course be less an issue). With that being said though, Powdersville is larger than Belton (Anderson county's second largest city) population wise and much nicer yet it remains unincorperated. I believe incorporation would bring several benefits including:

-Local government to better oversee the citizens needs than county council could do.
-Police to keep the area safe so the sheriff's dept wouldn't have to worry so much about that area.
-Same as above with Fire and EMS.
-Developing an authentic downtown area to give the area it's unique feel (Powdersville Main could use the special development)
-Promotion to encourage visitors and even more residents who may be struggling choicing which side of the county line to reside on.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Well by all means, please tell me of one. I was going south on I-85 one time, needed gas, and got off at exit 40. I first went to the gas station to the left near the waffle house...lights were on outside, but it was closed. Next drove towards Powdersville and stopped at two more gas stations close to and right at 153/81...once again, closed. I actually started to drive towards Easley before I decided instead of risking it to just go back to 85 and hit exit 35.
Both stations at exit 39 are open 24/7. The Shell station convenience store and fuel pumps are always open while V-go only has fuel pumps open overnight. I have been told that RaceWay and another station at exit 40 are open throughout the night as well (at least their fuel pumps), but have not verified that information.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Spinx will probably be open 24 hours once it opens.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Both stations at exit 39 are open 24/7. The Shell station convenience store and fuel pumps are always open while V-go only has fuel pumps open overnight. I have been told that RaceWay and another station at exit 40 are open throughout the night as well (at least their fuel pumps), but have not verified that information.
There doesn't seem to be enough telling commuters at night that there is a station open there at night. In comparison, it's almost more practical to travel to exit 35 and fill up at either station there. As for at exit 40, their pumps might be left on, but the stores are very much closed. Not everyone carries a card or has money on it, and some cards wont even allow you to use them at the pump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area