Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM

177 posts, read 470,933 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else find it appalling the number of people who leave there carts in park spaces (some handicap parks as well) and park their cars on the fricken lines? What I call door banging parks... I mean where has the respect for other people gone? I feel the biggest problem we have now-a-days that affects everything else is the lack of respect people show each other. Shoe of the other foot, golden rules, just basic understand of how would you feel to be treated like that??? WTH???

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 09:08 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
The same people who do this are the same ones who can't drive and the same ones who want more rules implemented than what an elementary school has about can and can't be allowed in downtown Greenville. True story.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 PM

10,117 posts, read 7,781,735 times
The same people walk in the middle of the aisles instead of over to the side so you can pass by.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 PM

The same people who slam the door in your face instead of holding it open for you.

The same people who walk in front of moving cars like they are invisible when entering and exiting the store.

The same people who order the whole restaurant when going through the drive-thru and hold everybody else up.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,388,671 times
I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by this, but regardless of any good intention behind these complaints, at least a few of them do sound a bit selfish. If I understand the point of this thread, then some of these complaints don't help the cause. They sound hypocritical instead.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:06 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The same people who walk in front of moving cars like they are invisible when entering and exiting the store.

The same people who order the whole restaurant when going through the drive-thru and hold everybody else up.
Those people have the right of way, not the car. You should know that, given where you work.

You want to limit how much food someone can order?

Those are some strange complaints, imo.

What bothers me in parking lots is the number of people who park right in front of the store, usually right by a no parking sign. Putting your hazards on, or leaving a person in the car doesn't exempt you from the rules. We would all love to park right by the door. Your lazy ass isn't any more special than anyone else's.

I think it's the size of the cars people drive that makes them park on the lines. There's an awful lot of huge SUV's around, with drivers who have little clue of how to handle them. When one of them parks on the line, the next car has to do the same. When the original offender leaves, it's hard to tell what started the problem in the first place.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:47 AM

They might have the right of the way but what if the car they are walking in front of and pretends doesn't exist hits the gas by accident instead of the brake. These people walking in and out of stores need to be more aware and alert of their surroundings.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:58 AM

9,509 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
They might have the right of the way but what if the car they are walking in front of and pretends doesn't exist hits the gas by accident instead of the brake. These people walking in and out of stores need to be more aware and alert of their surroundings.
I agree with you that people need to be more aware. Walmart shoppers are really notorious for this.

Whenever I walk out of a store and someone signals me to walk across, I do it as quickly as possible. Some folks like to take their sweet time.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:01 AM

50,347 posts, read 47,088,247 times
We don't have the cart problem. People just take them all the way to their house then ditch in on the sidewalk.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:09 PM

672 posts, read 1,418,838 times
This is why I:

A) Park in a far away spot, usually next to a curb.
B) Bring a couple carts with me, when I'm walking in from the parking lot to save some other cars from dents.
C) Always wait for cars when crossing the parking lot.

A little bit of consideration goes a long way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area