Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,152,323 times

Advertisements

What I like to do to people who park on the lines in a parking lot, close enough to my car that I can't open the door enough to get in, I will let most of the air out of one of their tires. I will usually leave 8 to 10 pounds in the tire. Enough so they can get to a gas station to fill up the tire and enough that it is really annoying.

If you don't know how to park a car correctly between to lines, then you have no business driving and should have your license revoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 05:43 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
They might have the right of the way but what if the car they are walking in front of and pretends doesn't exist hits the gas by accident instead of the brake. These people walking in and out of stores need to be more aware and alert of their surroundings.
You are kidding of course. Drivers need to be AWARE that they are at a pedestrian crosswalk. Don't give me the right of way and get a 10.5 shoeprint on your side panel.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 PM

423 posts, read 899,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
What I like to do to people who park on the lines in a parking lot, close enough to my car that I can't open the door enough to get in, I will let most of the air out of one of their tires. I will usually leave 8 to 10 pounds in the tire. Enough so they can get to a gas station to fill up the tire and enough that it is really annoying.

If you don't know how to park a car correctly between to lines, then you have no business driving and should have your license revoked.
You are really mean. Maybe they are on the line because the person next to them was over the line. It's despicable that you would let air out of someone's tire for ANY reason. What if the person is not able to bend down and get to the tire to refill it or doesn't have a tire gauge or doesn't have change for the air pump or doesn't realize it and has a flat tire or assumes the tire has a leak, takes time off of work to get it repaired only to find out that there is no leak? I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point. Shame on you!

Old 02-04-2012, 04:16 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
This is why I:

A) Park in a far away spot, usually next to a curb.
B) Bring a couple carts with me, when I'm walking in from the parking lot to save some other cars from dents.
C) Always wait for cars when crossing the parking lot.

A little bit of consideration goes a long way!
I totally agree, I do all of these things as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post

If I saw someone touching my truck they would get more than an earful, I have a long bed pickup truck and its hard to park, especially when the person next to me is already up against the line, I hope you get whats coming to you

Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 PM

684 posts, read 1,186,866 times
Or healthy people that park in handicap spots just because they have a tag.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM

423 posts, read 899,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
Or healthy people that park in handicap spots just because they have a tag.
Don't judge someone's health by appearance. My mom looks perfectly healthy but has a heart arrhythmia and lung problems and has a handicapped permit because she can only walk short distances without oxygen.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:49 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
oh heres an interesting question regarding parking spots, does anyone else park in those parents of children only spots when they go to ingles? my personal feeling is ppl shouldn't get special privileges because they popped out babies, am I the only one that feels this way?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM

288 posts, read 949,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
oh heres an interesting question regarding parking spots, does anyone else park in those parents of children only spots when they go to ingles? my personal feeling is ppl shouldn't get special privileges because they popped out babies, am I the only one that feels this way?
I hope you are the only one that feels that way. I never paid much attention until I HAD a baby. At 20 lbs, she's a fifth of my weight. Trying to get her out of her car seat and then carry her into the store while juggling my purse and reusable shopping bags is a challenge. Especially in the rain. I can't imagine if I had more than one child and was trying to wrangle the baby while keeping tabs on a toddler. So, yes, I believe these spaces are nice and I greatly appreciate them. When I don't have the baby, I park far away from the store and walk for the exercise value. I try to enjoy the fact that I'm in good enough health to do so, rather than being ticked off that I can't park right next to the door.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:37 PM

374 posts, read 834,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Yes....your the only one.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 287,391 times
[quote=NoodlesKnowles;22855578]oh heres an interesting question regarding parking spots, does anyone else park in those parents of children only spots when they go to ingles? my personal feeling is ppl shouldn't get special privileges because they popped out babies, am I the only one that feels this way?[/quote

After reading the above quote
I am starting to think that there two Yetties in the up state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area