Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvilleGB View Post
To add another perspective, I think one of the reason we (natives) tend to provide a positive outlook is that we:
a) have seen how far the City has come, and
b) have a good sense of just how rapidly things continue to develop/improve

I understand your point of view, but I won't apologize for our pride in Greenville, for it is largely due to the great level of pride/civic involvement of our citizens that we have made it this far
For yet one more perspective I love, it isn't just natives that love Greenville. I'm not a native and I know several of the post in this thread are by non natives.....ie: Eldemilla just moved here and Beckycat has yet to move. These non natives that find Greenville and fall in love all seem to have a can do attitude and love the contribution their added voices / perspectives make toward a greater Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 09:32 PM

212 posts, read 423,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
For yet one more perspective I love, it isn't just natives that love Greenville. I'm not a native and I know several of the post in this thread are by non natives.....ie: Eldemilla just moved here and Beckycat has yet to move. These non natives that find Greenville and fall in love all seem to have a can do attitude and love the contribution their added voices / perspectives make toward a greater Greenville.
I am also not a native. Only have been here about 5 years. Love the place.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 AM

374 posts, read 833,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe Pride View Post
Even in comparison to cities of the same size, I still don't think Greenville is the best I've lived in or visited. I'm not saying it isn't nice- downtown Greenville is charming. But there are other places of similar size that have bigger parks, more history, more walkable, etc. that I prefer over Greenville.

AustinTraveler, I think your analysis of Greenville is spot-on. We've have a nice town here, and I hope you enjoyed your visit, but this board doesn't lend itself to objective opinions about the place. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
+1 Thank you

I've had the privilege of calling Greenville home for 22 yrs and have witnessed the positive growth and changes. But.....

Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 AM

8 posts, read 6,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Well, I believe it is difficult to compare some aspects between different cities because they do not function similarly in every case, but here are a few that I think help Greenville's overall appeal.
  • Falls Park / Reedy River Falls
  • Established streetscaping along Main Street
  • Vibrant yet cozy/comfortable atmposphere
  • Pedestrian and pet friendly
  • Safe and family friendly
  • Variety of quality dining options
  • Adequately integrated public spaces (parks, plazas, zoo, riverwalk trail, art)
  • Sense of civic pride and economic growth
  • Multi-ethnic culture on the streets, in the parks, shops, cafés, pubs, museums, galleries, theatres, sports venues, and corporate offices
That last one is gonna kill it, eventually.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:13 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawl Revere View Post
That last one is gonna kill it, eventually.
Unless you're speaking from the economic standpoint that brings European and Asian companies to our metro, you can keep those hateful comments to yourself.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:26 AM

212 posts, read 423,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
Unless you're speaking from the economic standpoint that brings European and Asian companies to our metro, you can keep those hateful comments to yourself.
No kidding. I can't think of any other way to spin that comment.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:24 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
No biggie. This type thought process and the people who possess it, are quickly dying off. Lol

Old 11-17-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
No biggie. This type thought process and the people who possess it, are quickly dying off. Lol
How about contributing something of substance on your own...whether it's popular/unpopular or middle of the road?
Makes life.... much more fulfilling when out of the comfort zone and not coming across as a tag along......

Old 11-17-2011, 06:19 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
No need. I made my point.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 PM

Yeap... ya sure did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area