Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,469,799 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!
I'm considering Pretty Place Chapel at Camp Greenville for my wedding and was wondering if anyone has had experiences there. If so is there anything I should know about or you would recommend? Thanks so much in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 06:53 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,857,650 times
Other than IMO this spot is absolutely one of the most, if not the most, beautiful in the Southeast US, I don't have a good deal of history with Pretty Place.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:13 PM

Well, I at least have several photographers I can look into now! Thanks so much shootingstars!

The original plan was to get married in Wyoming, but its just become too unrealistic. Once I found this place, I went, well its not Wyoming, but I could totally be happy with it. Thanks so much again!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:40 PM

28 posts, read 66,685 times
I looked into getting married there about 10 years ago. Ended up getting married - just not there.

It was a bit pricy but not unreasonable. The biggest issue, as I recall, was that due to the lack of parking you had to bus people to the location and while there you were limited to only 2 or 3 hours before you had to leave (because there are several weddings each day).

We didn't want to feel rushed and knew at least a few of our family would likely run late and miss the bus - so we passed.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:26 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
Thanks so much shootingstars!

The original plan was to get married in Wyoming, but its just become too unrealistic.
You're welcome, Saucy.

But what's a nice Carolina girl like yourself doing even thinking of getting married in Wyoming?! Traitor!

Old 03-22-2011, 01:19 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,840,428 times
we thought about getting married there but there wasn't anywhere nearby for a reception and we had so much family coming in from out of town we wanted to kind of centralize everything to make it easier

Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM

32 posts, read 72,665 times
I've had several friends get married there. I will say the bus thing is nice. We parked our car at the place holding the reception hung out and had a few drinks. Got on the bus took a 30 min trip up there was let out had the wedding and got back on the bus. It really was quite nice. The others where we had to drive were nice but it was just one more thing for us to have to worry about. The fact that you are on a time constraint is fine with me. Wedding shouldn't be long anyway.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:35 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
One vote for Rock Quarry Garden. When you rent it you get it the entire day and it is so pretty.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
You're welcome, Saucy.

But what's a nice Carolina girl like yourself doing even thinking of getting married in Wyoming?! Traitor!

Well Shucks I just might be a Carolina girl, but Wyoming sure does tug on my heartstrings! Since I first visited Grand Tetons when I was little I've always wanted to get married at the Chapel of Transfiguration in the park. I mean, can you really compete with that back drop?

Thanks to everyone else for the input about parking. I already saw the 25 car limit on the website and lucky for me I don't want to have anymore than 25 people many of which are family so will drive together, so thankfully that's not a worry.

And myrc60, I'll check into that thanks for the suggestion! Update: I looked at it and I'm really looking for something that is in the mountains with mountain views, but thanks again for the suggestion. But if anyone else has other mountain view suggestions in either upstate SC or WNC I'm all ears. Thanks for any help again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area