Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 09:34 PM

244 posts, read 647,901 times

Advertisements

I'm moving in June and will be renting. I am already itching to buy a home asap because the prices seems so low to me.

What are your picks for the nicest suburb. I love southern charm and historic stylish homes (but can't move to Charleston!) I do not have children so school districts are meaningless. I'm simply interested in a poll of which suburbs you think are just perfect -- with good proximity to everything one could need, and whatever else you think is important. Please list what you think is great about your favorite suburb.

This is just me being curious and jumping the gun and wanting to buy a house asap!

Thanks for playing along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,638,345 times
I like Simpsonville, Greer & Easley because they're the most like their own towns, with (small) quaint downtowns, lovely older neighborhoods, and decent shopping. For strictly residential atmosphere, I'd pick the Eastside, but that's just a conglomeration of different neighborhoods and communities with a few grocery stores, bank branches convenience stores, etc mixed in. I do like the area around The Parkway and Batesville Rd quite a bit.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 AM

477 posts, read 850,051 times
I live in Simpsonville and I am ok with it because we have kids but if I was single and had to live in Simpsonville I'd hang myself. Being from a very big city (3.5 million people) I have to say Simpsonville is freaking boring. For families with kids it's a convenient, safe town. For singles or couples without kids, I'd look somewhere else.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:26 AM

60 posts, read 133,125 times
Default Simpsonville...

...is one cookie cutter sub division after another. Also surrounded by bad traffic and strip malls. Easley, and the northern part of the county are far better choices.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,897,435 times
I live in Greer not far from the Parkway and Batesville Road area that UpstateBooster referred to. I absolutely love it. It's convenient to lots of shopping, restaurants and close to both Pelham Road and I-85. I can be in downtown Greenville in minutes. GSP airport is 12 minutes door-to-door (but not bothered by airplane noise at all). There are other areas that are very nice too, but this sure works for me.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 PM

9 posts, read 164,262 times
The Five Forks area of Simpsonville is very nice.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 PM

244 posts, read 647,901 times
Thanks everyone. Keep 'em coming! I can't wait to investigate all the areas.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:39 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,960,677 times
The Eastside.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM

344 posts, read 822,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I live in Greer not far from the Parkway and Batesville Road area that UpstateBooster referred to. I absolutely love it. It's convenient to lots of shopping, restaurants and close to both Pelham Road and I-85. I can be in downtown Greenville in minutes. GSP airport is 12 minutes door-to-door (but not bothered by airplane noise at all). There are other areas that are very nice too, but this sure works for me.
Totally agree with this post. I have lived in various parts of Greenville throughout my life, and the Batesville/Parkway area (also including Gibb Shoals Rd.) is hands down my favorite. It is so nice and close to everything without being in a major high traffic area (like Simpsonville/Fairview Rd). Good luck in your search!

Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 PM

57 posts, read 110,878 times
Pickens County is a beautiful area if you like mountains and lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area