Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:26 PM

22 posts, read 45,121 times

Advertisements

I was wonder if anyone had a honest opinion or info about this property ...

Thank you again .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 05:57 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
It's located in Mauldin. A short walk or drive to 3 different grocery stores. I think the group of homes on the south side of Butler Rd are nicer than those on the north side of Butler Rd. Can't vouch for the type of people that live there though.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:10 PM

hmmm I am not from the area so I am not sure what side of the road the ashmore is on . . I am just trying to find a safe loction for my family and I .

Old 10-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Mauldin is a very safe town; we have top notch police officers and they are really good at cracking cases. You can call them at 864-297-5200 (non emergency) for more info. Now that's not to say we don't have crime, cause we do, but its usually less serious criminal acts. I've lived here now for 7 years but we are a few miles from where you are looking.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Mauldin is a very safe town; we have top notch police officers and they are really good at cracking cases. You can call them at 864-297-5200 (non emergency) for more info. Now that's not to say we don't have crime, cause we do, but its usually less serious criminal acts. I've lived here now for 7 years but we are a few miles from where you are looking.
Thank you for the info ... Would you know of any nice apartment complex that would be good for family to move into ?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Not that I could recommend, no. Mauldin doesn't have a lot of apartment complexes and most of what I am familiar with appear to be low-income. There is one on W Butler Rd at about 800 or 900 W that seems to be popular. I think it is Arbors at Brookfield or something with Brookfield in the name. I priced Ashmore Bridges Estates 6 years ago and the price was steep so it might be ok but I've never driven through it.

Can I ask why you are focusing on Mauldin? If it is for schools...some of Simpsonville and Greenville go to Mauldin schools as well.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:54 PM

I sent you a direct message.

I just don't want to end up paying full price and everyone else is getting a low income discount .
I have heard of this does happen in other places.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:22 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,765 times
Ashmore Bridge Estates are very nice, but on the expensive side. I looked at two different setups and both had nice sized bedrooms, living area, dining area, nice fireplaces, and a fair sized deck area at the back. They do not allow grills on the deck, though The kitchens were modest, but more than adequate. They had laundry areas which, IIRC, were suitable for side by side or stack units. There's also a play area and a nice sized park right around the corner. All of their units are townhouse style, so no worries about anyone above or below you. There are two "complexes". The one on the north side did not seem quite as nice to me as the south side did. The office is on the south side and it's easy to miss. They are quiet, and the south side also seemed to be quieter than the north side, and considering how close these townhouses are to Butler Rd, saying that they are quiet is making a statement.

The major drawbacks for me were that the entrances on the south side were right in the middle of the busy section of W Butler Rd, and in the morning that might make it difficult to get in and out since you have a lot of traffic coming in from Ashmore Bridge Rd and Butler Rd. The north side would be easier, but not by much. The price was also outside of my budget, though I would consider them worth the money.

The lady that I talked to also seemed to suggest that they were particular about who they let rent from them, insofar as credit and criminal background checks go, so they're probably going to be pretty safe.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 AM

Good info ericsinphilly...let me elaborate a bit now that I know where OP is going to be working on the traffic aspect. If you got a place on the southside you would be making a right turn out onto Butler Rd. This maybe busy during rush hour but the light at Ashmore Bridge Rd will help you get out pretty easily and other drivers will let you. To exit onto Ashmore Bridge Rd from that complex you would make a left turn and at busy times you may be waiting longer than you would on Butler Rd. If you are looking for low-income housing I don't know that they accept that here. However, the complex that I mentioned in my PM to you OP I believe does. I knew someone that was Sec-8 that wanted to move there. Only thing is you can't walk to the grocery store from Lexington.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee507 View Post
I was wonder if anyone had a honest opinion or info about this property ...

Thank you again .
Dont i lived here in 2 different units, first there no good on your electric bill.my bill was $700 yes insane,the draft is so bad coming from the fire place and hallways is tragic.All the windows are poor,so cold air comes in really bad.The place is so outdated old appliances that dont match, cheap walls,dog poop ever where,by the playground area, and the grill area.I eventually did a transfer to another unit pipes burst.you will be required to carry renters insurance, gym tiny,garbbage equipment, pool tiny dirty, its a upscale dumb,rent goes up 22% i kid you not,better off with mortgage. Noisy cars, you hear neighbors problems,fights,the office no club house usage,years ago they allowed parties management destroyed this lol.dont try terrace at butler very affordable near everything clean,good luck...my honest review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area