Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 06:38 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,834,126 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a good pre-school for my 4 y/o. My wife only wants to send him for 2 days a week, but most require 3 days.

We specifically would like to stay in Simpsonville area (FI or Mauldin a possibility).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 09:59 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,663,609 times
Park Place has openings I have heard. The owners are good folks. I imagine it is pretty expensive. I have also heard good things about First Baptist Simpsonville. It's a 1/2 day program I think, but at 4 years old, he doesn't need to be in school all day.

Avoid Kiddie Academy.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 AM

915 posts, read 2,425,591 times
My wife and I have been extremely happy with the program at Cross Roads Baptist Church. We are not members of the church, and we are not baptist. Just wanted to mention that.

Class sizes are very good, with typically no more than 5 or 6 kids per teacher. Our son started with 2 days per week, but now goes 3 days per week. I believe 3 or 5 days are the options for the K4 program, but they may be flexible on that. Also, it is 9am to 12pm, but I believe this year they will begin offering late pickup where your child can actually eat lunch there if timing is an issue. Don't quote me on that though, I just found out about it.

As for location, it's technically not Simpsonville, but very close. I guess that depends on where in Simpsonville you live. The church is only about 2 minutes from Five Forks, near the corner of S. Bennett's Bridge and Anderson Ridge Rd.

Honestly, I can't say enough good things about the program. Here's the link to the flyer: http://www.crbcsc.org/pdfdocs/informationflyer.pdf (broken link)

Hope it helps.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,007,512 times
I have never heard of a preschool program for 4-year-olds that is less than 3 days (half days, that is) a week. I have heard very good things about the programs at Calvary Baptist (Simpsonville/Fairview Rd), Simpsonville Methodist, Mauldin Methodist and Messiah Lutheran (Mauldin).

Old 08-03-2010, 06:17 AM

Thanks for the info. We checked some that jac mentioned, Calvary for one has a waiting list, so they are probably good. We'll check out Cross Roads today.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:12 AM

179 posts, read 516,921 times
ckeegan,

Thanks for posting the info about Crossroads. I am sending my son there this coming September and it is good to hear such great things about it!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 AM

We've found a nice home-based pre-school very close to our home. Will visit it tonight. She only has three kids right now and can take seven, rates are very reasonable.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:02 PM

54 posts, read 219,246 times
I am a teacher turned sahm and my 3 year old goes to Calvary and we love it there. It is like school not constant play. I am all about structure as when kids get to school, the whole day is structured but fun as well. I need for my 3 year old to begin to learn that that is reality and Calvary is perfect for that. He will be entering into K3 and I plan on keeping him there through K4. Maybe k5 if I feel he is not ready for public school but I think that with a January birthday, he will be plenty ready at 5.5 for K5.

I know that there were a few openings mid year so at least put your name on the waiting list if you are undecided.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM

169 posts, read 570,978 times
We are very excited...Our grandaughter who turns 5 on 9.29, was 6th on the waiting list for Calvary and we got the call last week that she was next on the list, we toured the school and met her teacher..What a great program they have there. She is excited as well. Her cousin went to the Golden Strip Child Development Center last year and we had hoped she would get in there as well, but she didn't get accepted. That is an awesome program as well, but children are tested and must meet certain criteria to get accepted. If they had room, I would have signed my 3 year old grandson at Calvary as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area