Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2006, 05:38 PM

6 posts, read 19,559 times

Advertisements

I'm 3,000 miles away from SC, but do want to move there as soon as I can. I did start to do some homework about this area, but there is not a lot about Easley on the Internet. The little I have learned about Easley so far has been enough to capture my interest. Does anybody in SC have any information that might spur my interest further or dampen it? I am a Christian female so I believe I'll fit in fine, although I will miss the variety of people from all over the world and their cultures here in CA. I do adjust well in most environments. Any thoughts out there? Thank you for responding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2006, 05:58 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,202,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Marie
I'm 3,000 miles away from SC, but do want to move there as soon as I can. I did start to do some homework about this area, but there is not a lot about Easley on the Internet. The little I have learned about Easley so far has been enough to capture my interest. Does anybody in SC have any information that might spur my interest further or dampen it? I am a Christian female so I believe I'll fit in fine, although I will miss the variety of people from all over the world and their cultures here in CA. I do adjust well in most environments. Any thoughts out there? Thank you for responding.
Greetings Linda,

Welcome to the SC forum. I too am from CA (Sacramento) and we are protestant Christians as well. Just waiting to exit this communist state just as soon as our property sells!

We too looked at Easley. Did you check out the county web site it was in? The Easley paper? I have never been to SC either did all my research on the Internet as you. I'm sure we will both like it. Can you be more spicific on what questions you need? Also, as another member suggested to another type in Easley or Greenville or Pickens country etc. in the forums search and you will find alot there as well.

God bless!

Mark

Old 08-09-2006, 06:29 PM

890 posts, read 4,331,985 times
No offense, but I just can't understand how someone can make the decision to move somewhere solely based upon looking on the internet and then proclaim that they are sure they will like it. What did you do before the internet? Throw a dart?

Old 08-09-2006, 07:01 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,221,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj
No offense, but I just can't understand how someone can make the decision to move somewhere solely based upon looking on the internet and then proclaim that they are sure they will like it. What did you do before the internet? Throw a dart?
Prior to the internet I think most people would just follow the trail master/wagon train...at least that is what I think I remember when I use to watch those old cowboy movies (of course I am just kidding)

I really think folks are better equipped now (having the internet) than they ever were before when it comes to making a decision to relocate to uncharted territory. In the past...people often times relied on just word of mouth about an area..without ever going there themselves (my parents left AZ and went to CA...because a relative had told them it was the land of opportunity). At least now you have the ability to obtain such info. as weather, schools, etc. from the internet. Hmmmm...now as I sit here thinking more about it though...it's kind of funny....with all the info. on the internet...are we starting to come full circle...as so many of us search out these forums..looking for the knowledge from others that have gone before?

Old 08-09-2006, 08:49 PM

890 posts, read 4,331,985 times
Hmmm, I don't know, still sounds pretty risky to me. I couldn't do it. Of course any internet site is going to tout all the good things and show all the pretty pictures. Ever see a picture in the paper of a beautiful home and then you go to see it and it's not so hot? Kinda the same analogy.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:48 PM

6 posts, read 19,559 times
Default Any info about Easley, SC?

Hello Mike,

Thank you for responding to my message. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area (Burlingame). On my own I moved here from NJ (15 yrs ago) without ever visiting CA and have absolutely LOVED it. I will miss the weather when I leave CA. It's become extremely expensive in this area of CA, plus I just became a grandmother not too long ago and want to move back East to be at least within driving distance of my family. The Internet has answered some of my questions, but I am going to have to make a visit before I make the leap to SC. Not as brave as I was 15 yrs ago.

Not sure what to ask about Easley. Just tonight I find many stores and resaurants that are in the area and read reviews about them. Guess I wanted to know if others thought it was as beautiful as some poeple have said it is. It's close to Greenville, which for me is a good thing. Greenville has jobs and I should have no problem finding work in the insurance industry until I retire. I still have more questions and asnwers to read from this forum as I have not read them all. Did you mention when you and your family wanted to move to SC?

Again, thank you Mike for replying to my message.

Linda

Old 08-09-2006, 10:27 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,202,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Marie
Hello Mike,...Did you mention when you and your family wanted to move to SC? Again, thank you Mike for replying to my message.
Its Mark, not Mike Not until we sell might be 07' sometime.

Mark

Old 08-10-2006, 01:41 PM

745 posts, read 2,236,379 times
We are looking in the same area, and we like what we've seen so far. Greenville is one of the nicest cities I've ever been to, and the surrounding countryside, esp. to the west, is beautiful and affordable. I am a toolmaker by trade, and there is lots of work around G'ville. It's hard to find affordable rural property within commuting distance of a city- I've done a lot of looking! We are going to spend a couple weeks up there in Sept., hopefully to buy some land. I'll report back to this forum when I get back. My attitude is- if I don't overspend on real estate, I can always move somewhere else if I don't like it. That's the way I looked at it when I moved to FL, and I've been there 26 years. I want to return to a rural life, and four seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area