Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
I also refuse to buy anything marketed by Ben and Jerry's, their support of cop killer Mumia is disgusting.
Excellent call. Really they're full of it in general - and frankly the last time I had their overpriced ice cream it wasn't all that great anyway.

Quote:
There are also too many actors, directors, and musicians to name here I will not support
Me either, although for a variety of reasons. Ditto some musicians. I hate when people use their fame to try and press their politics on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
-walmart, due to reasons listed above and I don't like being around gross people in gravy stained sweatshirts and stretch pants

-most national food chains. I'd rather support a local restaurant since it's cheaper and the food better and fresher

-lowes. horrible customer service and they hire too many people that have no idea what they are talking about
Wow, snobbish much? On the other side of our town is a Walmart that is frequented by a more "upscale" crowd. The parking lot has a wide variety of midlevel to upscale luxuary cars and SUVs. On the opposite side of town what you'll see is men/boys with pants to the ground and some women dressed like hoes. However, at each store you'd see a wide variety of people from the well dressed professional to the "gross people in gravy stained sweatshirts and stretch pants" as you described. What your snobbish nature has chosen to overlook is those "gross people in gravy stained sweatshirts and stretch pants" are usually the poor and down trodden and Walmart is about the only place they can afford to shop. Some are this way due to some form of disability (mental and or physical). Some are gravy stained because they have infants/toddlers who like to throw their food. Some have stains on their clothes because they do dirty work for a living. Some people do get dirty when they're on the job.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
And some are simply slovenly pigs with no excuse for being so.

Please.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Burger King-this isn't a boycott so much as a refusal to return to a place of business in which customer service is not on the menu. This wasn't an isolated incident. This was ALL the Burger King restaurants in our area. I've given them several chances. Every once in a while I'll stop in to see if things have improved in the customer service dept and each time I see it's gotten even worse than the last time i was there. The last time I entered the restaurant, all the employees in the kitchen, including the manager, all had the same gang tats on their neck and they were even dirtier than the kitchen. I walked right back out. It was nearly noon and I was the only person inside at the time.

Wish I could say I'm boycotting BP, but I'm not. Can't boycott something you never bought. I regularly buy Chevron.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
And some are simply slovenly pigs with no excuse for being so.

Please.
And how do you know without speaking to the person? Besides, those other types of people are always good for a laugh at peopleofwalmart.com
Besides, aren't you suppose to help up your fellow man? Where's your kumbaya spirit?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 PM

113 posts, read 496,264 times
Hands down Walmart.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:42 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
I boycott local business'. Just because people can open a business does not mean they should. There is a restaurant where the owner screams at his employees. He has gone so far as to hit an employee. Not a dime.

One restaurant has, after refused to give information required for taxes to the employees. They eventually shut down in this town but have other business'. Not a dime.

One owner has three business' and went and hired a popular 74 year old cook and then fired her after she figured out he jacked her out of a 100 bucks on pay. Not a dime at any of the business.

When people do crappy stuff, it is real easy to say: not a dime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates