Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:38 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,594 times

Advertisements

I was reading all the diffrent state laws on abortion[wich i dont agree with]They are diffrent in every state on how a child can go in and have it done!Such as who can sign for the procedure...Some states allow the child to do so on there own while others let a grandparent or one parent! Why is this not a federal law instead of a state law? Is it because the president dont want the pressure?I was amazed at the fact its legal in most states and all differ a little or a lot! A touchy thing to talk about i guess,But i think the laws should be federal after reading up a little....Does most agree with abortion and how its done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 10:48 PM

458 posts, read 1,356,002 times
I think this topic has been talked to death, if you really want to know do a search

Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM

Default read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
I think this topic has been talked to death, if you really want to know do a search
Read before popping off,I said that i read if you dont like it dont say anything! The topic of human life should and will be talked about untill the right thing is done!God is the one who should call the shots on that....and i have not been in on or talked on this till now...so sorry if i cant please you but thats not my job!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:02 PM

I hear canada lets a child of any age get abortions is that true?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 PM

I dont know why some are afraid to touch on this matter?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
In general, the only laws that the federal government are entitled to make are those that bring state laws into conformity with the constitution, if they aren't already. And those that relate to specific federal monopolies, like defense, currency, interstate commerce, etc., which are prescribed in the Constitution to be under federal authority.

Otherwise, federal law can be changed only by a constitutional amendment, such as prohibition.

There isn't even a federal law to regulate the election of the president.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In general, the only laws that the federal government are entitled to make are those that bring state laws into conformity with the constitution, if they aren't already. And those that relate to specific federal monopolies, like defense, currency, interstate commerce, etc., which are prescribed in the Constitution to be under federal authority.

Otherwise, federal law can be changed only by a constitutional amendment, such as prohibition.

There isn't even a federal law to regulate the election of the president.
I never knew that! I guess you learn everyday!

Last edited by JACK SAWYER; 05-09-2009 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-09-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
I never knew that! I guess you learn everyday!
Don't commit yourself to it, though. Somebody will correct me soon,, but don't wait for me to admit I was wrong.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:08 AM

Default things

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Don't commit yourself to it, though. Somebody will correct me soon,, but don't wait for me to admit I was wrong.
The things you mentioned above! Does Texas still have dry countys?[no booze]

Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
The things you mentioned above! Does Texas still have dry countys?[no booze]
Yes, it is a wild crazy quilt of local options. In my county, they are convinced that all hell will break loose if a bottle of zinfandel for Sunday dinner is sold in the supermarket before noon, but case after case of hard stuff can be loaded into waitihg cars at 11 oclock Saturday night in full conformity with divine judgment. 46 of Texas' counties are completely dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates