Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 09:52 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Would a doctor confirm this?

How about a shield?
I realize the stores mandate masks but I've not heard anything regarding shield use. Does anyone know whether someone using just a shield vice mask or mask & shield will get you into those store mandated masks with no confrontations?

Old 09-05-2020, 12:28 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I realize the stores mandate masks but I've not heard anything regarding shield use. Does anyone know whether someone using just a shield vice mask or mask & shield will get you into those store mandated masks with no confrontations?
I only know that I have seen shields being worn by customers in the local Frys.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:03 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I agree. I'd have a bit more respect for all the authorities calling for and implementing mask orders if I had seen steps taken to ramp up production for it. I haven't seen or heard much of anything in regards to mask production since the squabble with 3M back in late March. All these homemade bandanas shouldn't even be considered as in compliance with a mask requirement.
Quite simple, a mask symbolically equates to Compliance oppose to Confidence of health.

One of the many oddities with facemask compliance must be the lack of authentic filtration and eyewear. Clearly Macgyver mask will not combat a true virus and most mask appear Macgyver in nature.

I refuse to refute the authenticity of SARS 2.0; albeit, I will suggest we differentiate Fear from Caution and Law vs Policy vs Rule.

I believe 18 months.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:00 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
So if someone is taking a long flight that requires 2-3 hours are airport before the flight and possible layovers that can also last 2-4 hours, are they expected to go without eating for the entire day?
No, the solution to that is to discourage (but not prohibit) travel (e.g. by raising prices on non-essential travel) so that the volume of travelers is low enough to enable social distancing on planes and in airports. This isn't rocket science. We have to accept some amount of inconvenience. If we can't take a little pain as a society, we will never solve anything.

Old 09-09-2020, 03:17 PM

11 posts, read 10,741 times
Ceece. Thank you for saying this! I think that if those who are worried or are ill, wear a mask they are protected, even if I choose not to. IF the mask is actually effective...

Old 09-09-2020, 06:11 PM

97 posts, read 21,780 times
Exactly, and after all that was the anti-vaxer logic, everyone else is vaccinated so it doesn't matter if I don't. 1st of all, it's wrong to let your own kid get sick unnecessarily. 2nd, if everyone thinks like that NO ONE will get vaccinated. But the masks are different, how on earth could it only work 1 way? Moderator cut: Edit.

Last edited by Rachel NewYork; 09-09-2020 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Discussing forum moderation.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:58 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,870,880 times
With over 285 replies here it seems as though this thread has reached the point where it becomes difficult for members to read every post in order to "only respond if you have a new argument or viewpoint to add, not just to reiterate previous points or to say that you agree or disagree." (Quoted from Great Debates forum rules.)

This thread has run its course and it's time to put it to rest. Thank you to all who participated.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates