Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 09:13 AM

786 posts, read 1,371,750 times

Advertisements

am about 90% accepting a civilian job at Robins AFB; can anyone recommend a great apt complex for myself wife and son. Want to avoid any of the bad areas of WR so hopefully someone can advise for the best apartment close to base gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,402 times
I tried posting the first time but don't think it worked. I accepted a position at Robins and moved here in November, while my wife stayed in North Carolina for now. I have a small apartment in Sandpiper Apartments on Leisure Lake Drive, and I've enjoyed living there so far. The apartment are nice, not very expensive and include a microwave and garbage disposal, the complex is gated and has a nice pool, fitness center and is located on a lake. They have a free car wash area and a mini theater where they show free movies twice a month. I've had no problems with my neighbors, and the few times I needed a maintenance person, they were there within an hour. Plus it's only about 4 miles from Robins' Russell Parkeway Gate. There are several nice apartment complexes in Warner Robins, so look around and listen to other people, but definitely consider Sandpiper.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 PM

4 posts, read 9,824 times
As with most bases, the areas closest to the gates are where the crime is worst! Closer isn't better at all!

Stay away from Green st./Davis Drive/Ignico area. Or anything with 'North' in it. Sandpiper Apartments are ok but we did experience a rash of robberies during the year we lived there and the management was awful. We also lived in Austin Pointe Apartments off Watson and they went ghetto fast.

I would seriously recommend Centerville/Bonaire/Kathleen. Even with traffic these areas are still 10 minutes to work and rent is reasonable. We're in the Lake Joy/ Hwy 96 area and the schools are awesome! They're building more over here so traffic will catch up to what Watson has soon but it is still quick to get around in. There are new apartments just past the high school but I'm not sure what they're called. Also there are some on Lakeview Rd. just off of Russell Parkway/Lake Joy.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but even small homes to rent are just as affordable as an apartment. Since this is a military town, people are always moving and having to rent out their homes when they go. We're in an awesome neighborhood, in a nice roomy house for $800 a month.

Good luck! I've lived in WR for 10 years and have lived all over town, so I would say I'm a good authority on where not to live. If you have any questions about specific neighborhoods or areas, I should be able to answer them for you. I work in the real estate field and watched most of these subdivisions and apartment complexes get built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia