Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,103,187 times

Advertisements

Gainesville only has 34,000 people. If it's second Tier, then Warner Robins is too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,858,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Gainesville only has 34,000 people. If it's second Tier, then Warner Robins is too.
yeah, but it's urbanized area is much bigger than that...over 150,000

Greenville, SC city population is less than 50k, but its metro area is over 700K

Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,103,187 times
hmm I just looked it up and it says Gainesville is 54 miles from Atlanta. Thats not too far, but still kinda. So is Gainesville/Hall County's growth more due to Metropolitan Atlanta growing into it, the city of Gainesville itself, or a combination of the two???? I dont know.

Where do you get your Urban Area figures? The one on wiki says Gainesville's UA is 88,000,Warner Robins' is 90,000, and Greenville SC's is 300,000....so Greenville would be a completely different monster.

Either way both are growing fast, but I wouldnt consider them on the same level as Macon, Columbus, Augusta and Savannah.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:52 PM

726 posts, read 2,819,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
yeah, but it's urbanized area is much bigger than that...over 150,000

Greenville, SC city population is less than 50k, but its metro area is over 700K
Yeah thats true but you can't even compare Gainesville to Greenville, that like Comparing Atlanta to NYC or LA.....Come on......Gainesville still doesn't even compare to W.Robins, Now if you said Dalton or Rome I could agree.... But W.Robins thats Funny....Robins AF Base along employees more people than the Gainesville entire economy and rest either more than likely commutes to North Atlanta or Alpharetta for more Higher Paid Jobs..... Thats really were Gainesville/Hall county benefits; because a lot of Metro ATL companies are located in Alpharetta. People choose to live in Hall county and commute in for work.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 PM

726 posts, read 2,819,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
I would say Macon Because during high peak times 7:00AM-9 and 4:00-PM traffic can get really bad especially on I-75/16 downtown, Mercer, Zebulon Rd (NW Macon) and Gray hwy in East Macon sometimes can get bumper to bump.....

East Macon/Gray Hwy

Downtown
Traffic on Riverside Dr. Macon

Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,858,618 times
This thread is strange.. are ppl actually boasting about their city having bad traffic? Is that something to be proud of? I think not. I don't know if Gainesville qualifies as second tier, but let me tell you, it has by far worse traffic than most of the other cities mentioned. The problem with Gainesville is that it was essentially a small city that grew very rapidly without a lot of planning and that leads to a traffic nightmare. Hall County has consistently been one of the fastest growing counties in Georgia.
Savannah is not too bad, except for heading out to the beach (only one rd goes there!).. but since the city has a well planned grid pattern, traffic is distributed quite well. Augusta, Macon and Columbus are all about the same as far as traffic from what I have experienced, about average for their size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia