Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 AM

2 posts, read 5,926 times

Advertisements

Hi! My family will be relocating to the Atlanta area in the next couple of months. My husband will be working in the Sandy Springs area. Does anyone know how the drive is from the Canton or Holly Springs area? I have told he would need to leave before 7:00am to have a 35 min or so drive, but no one has actually driven this route to be sure. Is there anyone from the Bridgemill, or Holly Springs area that can help me out? Thanks in advance! We are really looking forward to being in Georgia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 10:41 AM

100 posts, read 429,697 times
I can help you out! I live around the corner from BridgeMill in River Green and I commute to the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area (by Perimeter Mall).

If your husband leaves the house anytime after 6:30am, it will take him a MINIMUM of one hour to get to Sandy Springs, no matter which route he takes. Trust me. I have been doing this commute for 2 years and I know every back way.

If he leaves by 6am, he may be able to do it in 40-45 minutes, but that's the best you'll get in the morning.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,926 times
Thanks for the information! That really helps us out. We are still in Michigan and are trying to narrow down our search of neighborhoods/city we want to be in. Do you have kids? I have a 8yo and a 3yo. Are you familiar with the schools in your area? I have looked up the ratings in the area, but it would be nice to find a parents point of view. Thanks again.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 AM

100 posts, read 429,697 times
No kids yet (1st one on the way), so I am not too familiar, but I do know that the schools fed by Bridgemill are some of the top schools in the county. Hope that helps.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:39 AM

25 posts, read 109,554 times
I also live in canton. That will be a long drive that is only going to get worse with some major developments coming up. If you like Bridgemill you should look at a development east of canton off of East Cherokee dr named Woodmont. Your drive will be alot better and with alot less potential at getting worse in the coming years. However, Bridgemill is a very nice place to live.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 PM

28 posts, read 197,363 times
Well I am moving to Bridgemills from Ohio - we looked at over 50 places prior to making our decision. The homes in Bridgemills are very affordable! I suggest you look around and then come back to Bridgemills. For $420,000 you can get a 6/5 nice home.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,767 times
Default Moving to Georgia and need advice

Hello....my husband and I will be moving to Georgia. We had planned to move in July from California, but may want to move earlier. We are looking at building a home or buying one. I saw one on the Internet in Canton GA that I really like. What can you tell me about living in Canton? My husband will need to have access to an airport within an hour. Is that OK there to Atlanta? Help and thanks......queenbee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia