Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 AM

894 posts, read 4,351,685 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to GA in December. We would like to rent before purchasing and need a 3/2 with garage and fenced yard. Most sites show a 12 committment and we are looking for a 6 month. Anybody have any ideas or houses to rent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2006, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,703 times
Default Plenty of Rentals

Many of the Alpharetta postal addresses will be in the new city of John's Creek in early December. I live in the Long Indian Creek subdivision which will be John's Creek and has a phenomenal elementary school.

It's not fancy as the cedar siding went out of fashion years ago, but homes are 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, and and there is are about a half dozen homes for rent, as owners have frequently preferred to keep the property when they moved and wait for the market to catch up to the location. The subdivision streets are currently being repaved and State Bridge is being converted from two lanes to a four lane boulevard. Once those are done, I believe the subdivision's historic trend of low availability will reassert itself.

The crime rate here is about half the national average, but the expectation is that the new city will increase the police presence by 3-400%. The cross street location is State Bridge Road and Jone Bridge Road.

Let me know if you need any help.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:54 PM

985 posts, read 5,760,875 times
The best bet to find a apartment that also has townhouse option. I am sure that they are glad to rent you for 6 months. I know my old apartment has six such townhouse (3 bedroom, 2 1/2 half bathroom and a garage) but it is a little pricey.

Or you can just call one of those apartment relocator service and ask them to find a house that only need six month lease.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 AM

894 posts, read 4,351,685 times
Thanks for the info... jxu66, what do you consider a little pricey and what area are you in.

We don't need schools as we are officially empty nesters, but of course safety is a concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: