Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:30 AM

13 posts, read 51,659 times

Advertisements

Hi!I Sure would appreciate any information you could give me on the Roswell/woodstock area?Plusses and minuses.What activities are there nearby?What fitness centers?Is it a family area?Is there a local mall,restaurants or do you go to Atlanta for such things?Would love to know anything and all about the area.Hope I get lots of replys.THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2006, 09:08 AM

4 posts, read 40,297 times
Default I wouldn't do it

I wouldn't do it but thats just me I personally don't like a lot of traffic and both of thoese towns are really crowded. I am not sure where you come from but if your not used to heavy traffic you probably would not like thoese towns.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:11 PM

Wow.Really?Woodstock in particular seemed so quaint yet spread out.Are you talking about commuting to Atlanta or just in town?By the way I like your post name.Cute!

Old 04-11-2006, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,269 times
Default Roswell or Woodstock

I currently live in Roswell and i love it here. I live in an apartment but i'm moving to North Ga. Both Roswell and Woodstock are very nice places to live. True the traffic after 6:30am can be an issue. The best malls are located in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. As are the best restaurants. The metro Atlanta area has alot of small and midsize towns with hundreds of restaurants and night life. The outer areas are really nice for family with great quality of life areas, nothing like what you hear on the "News".

Last edited by gbkny; 04-11-2006 at 01:43 PM..

Old 04-16-2006, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 15,927 times
My brother and sister in law live in Roswell, right over the Cherokee County line (woodstock). Both places are really nice. Roswell has more prestige than Woodstock but both are equally quaint and nice places to live. There is so much in Roswell!

Old 04-20-2006, 10:15 AM

92 posts, read 659,059 times
Two great areas. Woodstock is booming right now!! Especially if you head out towards exit#11 off 575. The growth is insane!! There is a nice mall right at the junction I-75 and 575 (about 6-7 miles from woodstock). Its also not too far from Barrett parkway or Cumberland mall closer to town. I spend much time in Woodstock because one of my favorite mountain biking trails is out there!! Also, if you like boating you are very close to Lake Alltoona. Don't know too much about Roswell but that is a nice place as well. More developed than Woodstock and it does have great schools and good shopping. Hope that helps!

Old 04-22-2006, 11:20 PM

Thanks a million.I love the mt biking info.where specifically is good riding?And yes Lake allatoona is my interest.I love the idea of a lake community.Im comming from the gulf side of Fla and dont want to give up a water lifestyle.Thanks for the info on the exit 11 area.Now is that town lake area or something different?

Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 PM

92 posts, read 659,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artflamingo
Thanks a million.I love the mt biking info.where specifically is good riding?And yes Lake allatoona is my interest.I love the idea of a lake community.Im comming from the gulf side of Fla and dont want to give up a water lifestyle.Thanks for the info on the exit 11 area.Now is that town lake area or something different?
Well, the trail I was speaking of is called Blankets Creek. It has trails for beginners, intermediate riders and experts. Right now it has about 9-10 miles of trail and they are currently working on adding another 8!! If you are really in to mountain biking, 575 is known as the corridor. Starting with Blankets and moving north you've got trails lining the highway all the way up into Ellijay (Georgia Mecca for MTB’ers)

I think exit #11 (sixes rd.) is kinda between Woodstock and Canton.

How close to the lake do you want to be? The Army Corp. of Engineers took over control of the waterfront property out there in the 60's (I think). They don't allow any building of homes along the lake anymore. There is only one community called Victoria Cottages that was already built before the corp. got hold of it and they were grandfathered in. So, building is only allowed there and those homes are very highly coveted. They can get very pricey and are rarely on the market. When one becomes available they are quickly snatched up. There is a new development called Bridge Mill that seemed to be nice but that puts you more in Canton than Woodstock. There may even be a handful of lake lots in that community. You could also look at living on the other side of the lake which is Acworth, but then you really loose all proximity to ATL.

My wife is a teacher and I asked her about the schools out there. Here is what she told me:

“Town Lake is a 3,600 acre master planned community with stores, restaurants, schools,etc.. all near the lake. Starting from the $100s on up to millions.

Actually, the two Town Lake feeder High schools are ranked in the top 40 for the state out of 361 schools. Really good actually. They are Woodstock High, and Etowah High. Also. the town lake elementary school Bascomb is in the top as well. Below is a ranking of the Cherokee county schools.

Elementary:1) Bascomb**, 2) Buffington, 3) Sixes, 4) Boston, 5) Little River
Middle: 1) Rusk, 2) Booth, 3) Woodstock Middle, 4) Teasley Midddle
High: 1) Sequoyah, 2) Woodstock High*, 3)Etowah High*, 4) Cherokee High”

Hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else you need!!

B

Old 05-01-2006, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 8,926 times
Hello!
I have lived in Woodstock for two years now and besides the commute traffic, it's a great place to live.
[moderator CUT]

Last edited by Marka; 05-01-2006 at 10:57 PM..

Old 05-20-2006, 09:44 AM

8 posts, read 47,274 times
Default Tough choice

Roswell is the logical choice if you need to commute into downtown Atlanta on a daily basis. If not, I would highly recommend Woodstock. Housing is more affordable and there are plenty of major retailers there. There are also plenty of recreational opportunities if you like the outdoors. Atlanta is about a 30 to 45 minute commute from Woodstock depending upon the time of day. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia