Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 AM

934 posts, read 1,351,162 times

Advertisements

Both counties are growing out of control. Both are a threat and a blessing to neighboring major cities(Augusta and Macon). Houston County has I-75 and Columbia County has I-20.

My question is which is more likely, Columbia County surpassing Augusta or Houston County surpassing Macon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,461,365 times
Who cares?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 PM

Augusta and Macon are the two second tier cities that have significant competition in their own region. I am moving Savannah to the first tier level with Atlanta because of its importance the state and the country as a whole. I think Columbia County have a better chance outgrowing Augusta in the future because of Augusta major interstate access or lack of. Augusta only have a small portion of I 20 compared to Columbia County. Grovetown is the new hot spot in CC and that is partially because of Fort Gordon employee, growing economy and the continuing of flight out of Augusta.

I believe that Macon and Bibb County have consolidating plans in the near future. I don't know what kind of affect it would have but I do believe it is a reaction to Houston County's, Warner Robins 26% growth this past decade.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Who cares?
obviously you since you took time out your busy day to comment. If you are interested don't respond to it.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:32 PM

I care about the bandwidth this drivel wastes. It's like trolls are coming out of nowhere asking these ***** questions that people have to look at if they're going through each thread, trying to answer real questions from people who want to live here, or move within the state, etc. It's quite annoying. Because especially with some of this crowd, it starts arguments about who is better. When really, it doesn't matter what people think, because only the person who lives there knows whether it's better for them or not and for their own reasons. Once opinions starts flying, then it's back-and-forth, No! what I said! No! I'm better! <sigh> It's such a waste of time.

But for giggles, I live in Bibb County, and I don't think Houston County is out of control at all, and I honestly don't care how big it grows. I will always still live in Bibb County as long as 31220 is my zip code, you know? I don't care if Augusta gets bigger, because I don't live there, and don't plan to. If I were to have to live anywhere near that part of the state, I'd move to Aiken SC, where it's small-townish and beautiful.

But I digress.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
I believe that Macon and Bibb County have consolidating plans in the near future. I don't know what kind of affect it would have but I do believe it is a reaction to Houston County's, Warner Robins 26% growth this past decade.
BTW, there is no consolidation going to happen as far as anyone knows. They have tried numerous times, to no avail. The folks in Bibb County don't want to be counted amongst the "blacks of Macon". Which, personally, I don't subscribe to. If for no other reason, I think we should consolidate so we can vote, as of now we cannot vote on the offices held in Macon, even though they affect us all, since we do business there besides just not living there.

But I am only one person in the county; I don't count by myself.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Go kick rocks.

Macon needs Bibb more than Bibb needs Macon, that seem to be the case. The city of Macon sees Warner Robins, Houston County influence in Middle Georgia growing. So it obvious that consolidation is suppose to work in the city of Macon favor with some benefits to the county.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:56 PM

Retailers Show Interest In Columbia County Outlet Mall Idea | ABC 6 WJBF-TV

Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 PM

324 posts, read 716,235 times
Ask a dumb question - you'll get dumb answers. Who really cares what town is going to be larger in 50 years. You and I won't be around to find out.
Most of what I've seen of GA is rural with about 10-12 towns that are larger than 50,000 and a couple of them over 100,000. Don't throw ATL into the mix because it has almost more counties surrounding than my state has in total.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Go kick rocks.

Macon needs Bibb more than Bibb needs Macon, that seem to be the case. The city of Macon sees Warner Robins, Houston County influence in Middle Georgia growing. So it obvious that consolidation is suppose to work in the city of Macon favor with some benefits to the county.

You obviously don't bother to actually read the responses you get, so why ask the questions? Bah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia