Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:36 PM

8 posts, read 24,348 times

Advertisements

My family and I moved here from Plantation FL in Broward county. We searched all the top 10 towns to live and retire in and by far St Marys was the best. We went to Peachtree City and Richmond Hill to name a few in GA. St Marys has some much to offer and the schools are great. Although my teenagers say there is not much to do they have very little time left in their days when all is said and done. They do the same things here as they did in Ft Lauderdale. They visit with friends, shop, go to movies, bowl, roller skate. What they do here that they could not do in Ft Lauderdale is play in the park, go to the Aquatic Center, go downtown for ice cream, ride their bikes to a friends, ride to the mall for pizza. Walk or ride to school and church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 06:32 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,882 times
It tickles me when I know a town has ice cream parlors, bowling, skating, recreation leagues, and coffee shops and someone says...."there's not much for teenagers to do." What do they want their teenagers doing? Visiting bars, smoking crack, selling services........for crying out loud????!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM

10 posts, read 53,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
It tickles me when I know a town has ice cream parlors, bowling, skating, recreation leagues, and coffee shops and someone says...."there's not much for teenagers to do." What do they want their teenagers doing? Visiting bars, smoking crack, selling services........for crying out loud????!!!!!!!!
I hope this is still the same family oriented retirement area. My family and I are looking to relocate there by the end of the summer. I have two small children.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:41 AM

137 posts, read 242,309 times
I do not know if any of y'all heard, but I just seen in the paper today that they are definitely going forward with constructing a huge theme park/resort area near the main exit in Kingsland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia