Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 04:39 PM

217 posts, read 845,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Dont deny yourself Chicago because parts of the winter are really bad. The positives outweigh the negatives 100 to 1. Nowhere in the USA has perfect weather. What Chicago has to offer shouldnt be missed, trust me on that.
This is true. I've only been once, and planned to go back with my boyfriend at some point. We were going to check out the city in general and maybe see what kind of editing jobs existed. We're kind of 'taking space' to not influence each other too much where the other wants to go (though I've pretty much said I'll go where he goes if he'll be okay with it, because I can find things to like anywhere), but I just sent him information on a paid internship in Chicago he seems pretty excited about. (I didn't know he has an aunt in the suburbs so he wouldn't actually have to live in the city). So, who knows. If he gets it and I'm still in the area I'm sure I'll be visiting. Things have a way of coming up/working out as they should, so I'm sure if the right thing comes up and it's in Chicago, I'll take it; otherwise, it'll come up somewhere else that I'll still get a unique experience out of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM

217 posts, read 845,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Why don't you look at cities with writers-in-the-schools programs? California has CPITS, Portland, Chicago, Houston, and Seattle have WITS, and NY state has the Teachers & Writers Collaborative, and those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
I've never heard of that, but I'll have to check it out. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.