Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,999,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
I know Spain has a culture of staying up very late but their day doesn't start that late. But I think if they got rid of the siesta they could add another couple hours to the morning sleep! I'm with you I'm definitely a night person. Hell, here I am posting at 3:50 AM!!

The only place in the US like this is college haha. I arranged it so on Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't have any classes before noon and I'm done at 6:45. A couple of semesters ago I never had a class before 2PM but that was actually very bad for me. I stayed up later and later and eventually it got to the point that I woke up at 1:30! That is too late for anyone :b
I think it depends on what part of Spanish society you are speaking off... But many people I've known who have been to that country have told me that the streets are still fairly empty at 9 AM, when much of the world would consider it time to start working.... So I guess if you (OP) want to go to a later start country, try moving to Spain. But of course learn Spanish first if you haven't gotten that down yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.