Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,538 times

Advertisements

Im from a city called Glasgow in Scotland in the Uk.....

In the interests of my own amusement , I have decided to visit every town in America called "Glasgow"

Okay, i decided that in september im gonna go to the usa to visit Curtis, i then found out that six hours drive away there a town in Montana called Glasgow, and six hours drive from that , in another state, theres another, and ...
you can see what i'm getting at cant you?

1. Glasgow, KY, Barren County, US
2. Glasgow, DE, New Castle County, US
3. Glasgow, IA, Jefferson County, US
4. Glasgow, IL, Scott County, US
5. Glasgow, MO, Howard County, US
6. Glasgow, MT, Valley County, US
7. Glasgow, PA, Beaver County, US
8. Glasgow, VA, Rockbridge County, US
9. Glasgow, WV, Kanawha County, US
10. Glasgow, AL, Butler County, US

moderator cut (broken link)

Wish me luck!

DO YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR ANY OF THESE LOCATIONS?

Can you tell me anything about these towns?

mailto:shellvisshellvis@gmail.com

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-09-2006 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: link goes to page with crude language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2006, 03:37 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
yes, I live 2,021 miles away from Glasgow, MT. I can tell you that it's probably cold.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:53 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
I live about 3 miles from Glasgow, Delaware. It is a very small area with the main attraction probably being Glasgow Park. This is fairly new and is still being developed. Almost every day you will find walkers, bicyclers, and roller bladers using the park. Hodgson Vocational School, one of the best in the U.S., is also in Glasgow. It is a family community that was once large farms and is now mostly development.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:55 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,032 times
Default Glasgow, ORegon, USA

There's a Glasgow, ORegon, USA, located on the Coos Bay along the Pacific Coast. Have fun on your journey.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,301 times
Default Looking for someone.

Hi,

I know that this is not the subject that you were on, but I have a question for you. My mother is originally from Cornwall, England. She has been widowed for about three years and she was telling me about an old boyfriend that she met during the war and that he was from the Isle of Lewis. She says that he told her that after the war he was going to work wtih his brother in Glascow, Scotland. He had a brother named John, who was a fireman in Glascow. He also had a sister called Mary. I think she would like to know if he could be found. How he is doing; is he still alive? etc...

I was wondering if you know of this family and if not what is a good way to find people in Scotland. It would be nice if my mom could find out about him. She is 78 years old now.

Thanks, Jenni

Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,716,521 times
Default Glascow oregon?

Seashelly, I was looking at real estate in coos bay/north bend and saw these little towns just east, but can't figure out where they would be listed. What county are they in?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:15 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
to add to your list.

Glasgow, Ca.
Glasgow, Ga.
Glasgow, Oh.
Glasgow, Or.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:06 AM

3 posts, read 4,123 times
Well, it's 2011 now so I'm sure you've come and gone on your Glasgow journey. I went to school in Glasgow, Oregon in the 3rd and 4th grade. I lived a few miles away in a little place called Cooston. Our place was on an inlet of the bay and I remember at age 10 or 11 rowing my two little brothers in a row boat out there! OMG! It scares me to think of that now. My mom was sick with cancer and didn't know what we were up to. Makes you wonder how kids survive sometimes. My grandparents lived in a float house right on the water. Anyway, I still remember most of our Glasgow school song. Something about "the school on the hillside, in sight of the sea, the wonder of my childhood forever will be". I haven't been back there since the late 50s but it was a beautiful area and I'd loved to visit one of these days. Linda

Old 09-26-2011, 07:26 PM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
I live about 40mins away from Glasgow, WV.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
No Glasgow in NJ, but my vice principal in high school was a Mr. Glasgow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.