Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:35 PM

8 posts, read 61,715 times

Advertisements

I am in the preliminary stage of relocating and wanted to know, in general, which parts of the country or states have the best school districts. I have three small children (preschool and kindergarten) and this is a top concern of mine. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 03:55 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,681,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vautorslo View Post
I am in the preliminary stage of relocating and wanted to know, in general, which parts of the country or states have the best school districts. I have three small children (preschool and kindergarten) and this is a top concern of mine. Thank you.
every state has outstanding schools, every state has bad schools. you need to focus more on individual towns and not a state as a whole, IMHO.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,058,275 times
i would highly recommend you check out Hendricks and Hamilton County,Indiana all their school districts are continuallly in the top 5% of school corporations in the state

These districts are in Hamilton County

Carmel Clay Schools Carmel Clay Schools-Carmel,Indiana

Hamilton Southeastern Schools Hamilton Southeastern Schools-Fishers,Indiana

Noblesville Schools - Noblesville, Indiana Noblesville schools, Noblesville,Indiana

http://www.sheridan.org./- Marion-Adams Schools, Sheridan,Indiana

::Westfield Washington Schools:: Westfield-Washington Schools, Westfield,Indiana

Hamilton Heights Mission and Belief Statements Hamilton Heights School Corporation-Arcadia,Indiana

These Districts are in Hendricks County

Plainfield School Corporation Plainfield Community Schools, Plainfield,Indiana

North West Hendricks School Corporation in Lizton, Indiana Northwest Hendricks Schools-North Salem-Pittsburgh,Indiana

Mill Creek Community School Corporation Mill Creek Schools-Clay,Franklin and Liberty Townships,Indiana

Danville Community School Corporation Home Page Danville Community Schools Danville and Marion Township,Indiana

Brownsburg Community School Corporation -- Official Site Brownsburg Community Schools, Brownsburg and Brown Township,Indiana

the schools in these counties are nationally recognized for their excellence in academics and for bringing the latest in modern technology into the classroom.+ most of the school corporations listed are on the list for being some of the best schools in America for your child to attend. I attended Plainfield and i know lots of people who chose to remain there or went to Hamilton County for their schools because they wanted their children to receive the best education possible.

i can try and find out more information about these schools for you just send me a message and i will do my best to help you.

Good luck with your search!!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:01 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,918,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
every state has outstanding schools, every state has bad schools. you need to focus more on individual towns and not a state as a whole, IMHO.
Exactly. Ranking by state is stupid, because you won't being living in the whole state. Typically, good areas will have good schools, and poor areas will have poor schools (in EVERY state).

Give us some of your other criteria, and we can find good matches.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:12 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,596,478 times
Every single high school in the Bellevue school district (Seattle metro) is within the top 65 schools in the country. Prepare to spend out the nose to live there.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:19 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,918,186 times
^Yeah, the Seattle metro in general is labeled as being the "best educated" and "most literate" in the country.

The Boston area is supposed to be up there too.

But again, any place will have good schools and bad schools.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:34 PM

485 posts, read 1,958,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
i would highly recommend you check out Hendricks and Hamilton County,Indiana all their school districts are continuallly in the top 5% of school corporations in the state

These districts are in Hamilton County

Carmel Clay Schools Carmel Clay Schools-Carmel,Indiana

Hamilton Southeastern Schools Hamilton Southeastern Schools-Fishers,Indiana

Noblesville Schools - Noblesville, Indiana Noblesville schools, Noblesville,Indiana

http://www.sheridan.org./- Marion-Adams Schools, Sheridan,Indiana

::Westfield Washington Schools:: Westfield-Washington Schools, Westfield,Indiana

Hamilton Heights Mission and Belief Statements Hamilton Heights School Corporation-Arcadia,Indiana

These Districts are in Hendricks County

Plainfield School Corporation Plainfield Community Schools, Plainfield,Indiana

North West Hendricks School Corporation in Lizton, Indiana Northwest Hendricks Schools-North Salem-Pittsburgh,Indiana

Mill Creek Community School Corporation Mill Creek Schools-Clay,Franklin and Liberty Townships,Indiana

Danville Community School Corporation Home Page Danville Community Schools Danville and Marion Township,Indiana

Brownsburg Community School Corporation -- Official Site Brownsburg Community Schools, Brownsburg and Brown Township,Indiana

the schools in these counties are nationally recognized for their excellence in academics and for bringing the latest in modern technology into the classroom.+ most of the school corporations listed are on the list for being some of the best schools in America for your child to attend. I attended Plainfield and i know lots of people who chose to remain there or went to Hamilton County for their schools because they wanted their children to receive the best education possible.

i can try and find out more information about these schools for you just send me a message and i will do my best to help you.

Good luck with your search!!!!!
...except...who wants to live in Indiana?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:04 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,391,087 times
The Clayton school district in the St. Louis area without question. It graduates many successful students (me included) and is very prosperous.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:24 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times
As others have stated, all states have good and bad school districts.

Generally speaking, neighborhoods that are predominately upper middle and higher income levels will have parents that are more achievement oriented who see to it that their children are properly educated as opposed to babysat or warehoused.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:24 AM

8 posts, read 61,715 times
Default Thank You

Thank you all for your input. It's very much so appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.