Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,609,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Kentucky has been overlooked

- the world's longest cave system (Mammoth Cave Nat'l Park)
- Abraham Lincoln & Jefferson Davis birthplaces
- Horse Farms and scenic country roads
- Big South Fork Nat'l River area (world's largest collection of natural arches)
- KY's lakes, including the largest in land area (KY L.) and water volume (L. Cumberland) east of the Mississippi R). Those 2 combined have more annual visitors than the Smokey Mountains
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Newport Aquarium
Dont worry censusdata, I thought the same when I didn't see Wisconsin. We have one of the highest concentrations of inland lakes in the world. Door County, The Northwoods etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 08:51 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Kentucky has been overlooked

- the world's longest cave system (Mammoth Cave Nat'l Park)
- Abraham Lincoln & Jefferson Davis birthplaces
- Horse Farms and scenic country roads
- Big South Fork Nat'l River area (world's largest collection of natural arches)
- KY's lakes, including the largest in land area (KY L.) and water volume (L. Cumberland) east of the Mississippi R). Those 2 combined have more annual visitors than the Smokey Mountains
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Newport Aquarium
Also, census, Kentucky has more miles of running water than any other state except Alaska. And I believe the Corvette plant and museum in Bowling Green pulls a good number of tourist off I-65.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:45 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
California, Hawaii, Utah, Oregon, Colorado, Montana are tops for me- but I love the outdoors. New York and D.C. are great city tourist attractions. Texas? That is laughable. Aside from what it might be as a place to live, no one it their right mind would go to Texas for vacation.
Utah!?!?! I don't think that would thrill anyone if they had just recieved news that their going on an exciting vacation to UTAH and Montana!!......

Old 07-07-2008, 03:56 AM

362 posts, read 1,057,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
California, Hawaii, Utah, Oregon, Colorado, Montana are tops for me- but I love the outdoors. New York and D.C. are great city tourist attractions. Texas? That is laughable. Aside from what it might be as a place to live, no one it their right mind would go to Texas for vacation.
Texas has some of the top visited cities in the U.S.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:23 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Utah!?!?! I don't think that would thrill anyone if they had just recieved news that their going on an exciting vacation to UTAH and Montana!!......
I wouldnt say it has the best tourist attractions but its definantly a big tourist destination for sure,
Zion National Park
Bonneville Salt Flats
Top Class Ski Resorts
Great Salt Lake
Bryce Canyon
Some of Monument Valley
Utah Museum of Fine Arts
Classic Cars International Auto Museum

Heaps more

I for sure wouldn't mind a vacation there.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:17 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,567 times
Yes, also Utah has Arches National Park, Moab and Park City is also home to the film festival.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:41 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,025,241 times
Well believe it or not Utah is a tourist state, I dont care for it but they have alot of attractions, most of the west has alot of outdoor attractions.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:10 PM

595 posts, read 2,742,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You must not be very into nature. Utah is paradise for anyone who loves the outdoors! Sure, you're not going to go there for the city, but it is one of the most exciting states when it comes to the outdoors. It has five national parks, many lakes, (Lake Powell is the second largest man made lake in the country) mountains, valleys, fantastic skiing, rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling......ATVing, rock climbing, golfing, Jeep and Hummer touring...

I was really excited when I got to go to Zion and Bryce Canyon. I actually thought that both of them were more beautiful than the Grand Canyon.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:46 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
I forgot about the Natural Bridge/ Red River Gorge area of Kentucky

Natural Bridge - America's most visited state park

Balanced Rock
User:bkmollen

Double Arch

Rock Bridge
User:alittman

View from atop Chimney Rock
User:aguertm

(...that idiot climbed this thing!!)
Courthouse Rock

Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
California in my opinion has the Greatest Variety of Entertainment and Attractions out of any state.

Alot of the attractions here are also popular Nationally and Internationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.