Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times

Advertisements

What places in America would you never live in? Or you would rather not live in? and explain your reasons for them.

I would never live in anyplace in the South, no offense to anyone that lives down there. Im from the North Coast (around Cleveland) and I hate that the south still has so much segregation and racism. Also its already hot enough in Cleveland in the summer, and its even hotter down south. The south is also not urban enough for me. I would also never live anyplace thats more than 1 hour from a large city, I cant stand being in the middle of nowhere, I dont really like rural areas. I also dont think I would ever live in the desert. I need to be close to a water source.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,453 times
Wichita, KS. Again I would prefer not to be attacked, this is obviously an opinion thread. I just thought it was the most boring city with many trailer park suburbs. I have nothing against it's residents, the city itself just doesn't do it for me.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
Wichita, KS. Again I would prefer not to be attacked, this is obviously an opinion thread. I just thought it was the most boring city with many trailer park suburbs. I have nothing against it's residents, the city itself just doesn't do it for me.
Yeah, I forgot about that place. I dont think I would ever live in one of those midwest redneck areas (Im from the midwest and I know most of it is civilized but still). Like those areas in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma have very redneck areas and tornadoes and things. Also even though they have a couple of big cities IMO its still in the middle of nowhere.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:29 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,598,386 times
Although they probably all have merit, I personally would not live in anyplace that is centered around the automobile and that eliminates most of the US. I am not fond of extreme hot temperatures for most of the year. I also am not to keen on the desert landscape so that would eliminate more. Now, there are some exceptions to the rule. I love New Orleans and although it is hot all year, I would consider a move there. Also, I loved both Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia. And out west, I really liked Santa Fe, New Mexico. I would consider moving to those places if everything else being considered worked out.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:47 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
I think we already had a thread just like this not too long ago.

I'm not sure I could live in New Orleans post-Katrina.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:55 PM

50 posts, read 159,508 times
In the Northeast, nowhere North of Boston.

Definitely not in Wisconsin, Minnesota, either of the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, or Idaho; it's too cold.

I would probably die of boredom in Iowa, too.

And count out West Virginia.

And Oklahoma.

Okay I'm done.

I guess I'm okay with everything else

Old 02-11-2008, 06:08 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
I would rather not live in the northeast,too fast paced and crowded

Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times
Default wichita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
The most amazing concert I ever went to was in Wichita.

The band was The Meat Purveyors, which was billed as bluegrass, although I would describe as bluegrass/punk fusion, mostly original stuff but just a few covers. The concert was at the Orpheum, a early 20th century, vintage theater that has been fully renovated to it's original grandeur.

This theater puts to shame any of the venues I have attended in NYC, and I say that as someone who loves NYC and all its theaters and venues. Apparently not a lot of people wanted to see the Meat Purveyors, because there were only about 30-40 of us filling this theater with seating of 1000+. After the concert, we all headed down to the stage and chatted with the band, bought CDs which they signed with personalized mesages.

I will never forget this concert - it stands out as the single, best musical experience I have ever had.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:11 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Artesia, NM.

No offense to anyone from there but it smells real bad. The one nice spot in town, a little park, is directly across the main street from some huge factory.

Ya, I'd prefer not to live in Artesia, though it's not far from some naturally stunning places.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:12 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
i would never live in San Diego, CA: everyone is always talking about this so-called "perfect" climate, i would get bored to DEATH in San Diego's weather, just sunny, clear akies ALL THE TIME, BORING!

Would never live anywhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Kansas, would never live in Miami, FL(Lived there for 10 years, HATED it), would never live in NYC, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.