Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,778,850 times

Advertisements

If Lindsey Lohan and Charlie Sheen can dominate the media then why not William and Kate. They are all just entertainers. And I guess I better stock up on ice cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 11:50 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
If Lindsey Lohan and Charlie Sheen can dominate the media then why not William and Kate. They are all just entertainers. And I guess I better stock up on ice cream.
Lindsey and Charlie are actually entertaining though.

I don't give a flip about Williams and Kate plus the Queen of Hate.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times
this is the US forum, keep your limey nonsense on your side of the atlantic pls, we don't care about two 4s getting hitched.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Lindsey and Charlie are actually entertaining though.
Not particularly entertaining to me. Still you're right they're entertainers, and the royals aren't, but there have been American socialites or people of inherited money that received attention.

Like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Nicole Ritchie, or Chelsea Clinton for that matter. Remember what a big deal Chelsea's wedding was on TV coverage? She's not an entertainer and she was never voted or appointed into any political office I can recall. She was the child of a President, but in some ways that might mean less than even what William is. At least at some point William will inherit a throne and be a symbol of Britain.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:57 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,244 times
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Yesterday while sitting on the toilet at Buckingham Palace, Kate Middleton was overheard saying "I'm leaning towards the Versacci Wedding Dress". Followed shortly thereafter by "Dam. I think I just flooded the lew again..."

Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 AM

399 posts, read 820,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
I mean America has it's roots from the British, which is why we probably still pay attention. But ulitmatly I don't know why people care about Royal Families here at all, America was founded on the principal that Monarchs have no place in our society.
The USA have no royal family, I can understand why some people are interested in this.
It's not because the first Americans didn't want the monarchy we shouldn't be interested.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:06 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,307,609 times
I don't get all the hoopla, but I expect it. Since it's common knowledge that the royal couple has been shacking up on and off for years, what's really the big deal, since they have already been living like a married couple anyway? I know, I know, it's the royal family, all pomp and circumstance. I remember watching Charles and Di's wedding back in 1981 and everyone talking about how beautiful and romantic it was, yada, yada, yada. Then, once they had a couple of little heirs to the throne, it all fell apart--adultury, bulemia, emotional abuse, and eventual divorce...and we all discovered that guess what? They're only human, just like the rest of us.

I think it would be nice if Will and Kate just went away somewhere and had a quiet little ceremony and donated all of the money that they saved to charity, but I know that that isn't realistic since it's the royal family and they have to make it a huge event. I do wish them well, and I hope that things don't end up like they did for Will's parents.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Why do people care about people they don't know, have never seen, or will probably never see, much-less utter one quick word to them? Americans...

Old 04-27-2011, 01:24 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,655 times
Huh? Yet another Royal Wedding thread, except this was moved from US general forum. Royal family can only be discussed here?

Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM

175 posts, read 202,128 times
Bloody royal wedding threads! I hope it p*sses down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.