Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 814 times

Advertisements

As a native of Tennessee, just wanted to tell you a little about our great state. We consider everyone to be either family or a friend. So you will get lots of waves and hellos from mostly everyone. The ones that don't are not from around here. From your description of what you are looking for, I would suggest moving to Christiana, Woodbury, or Bell Buckle, TN. These are the towns right outside of Murfreesboro, TN. Murfreesboro is a college town with a population of around 90-100k. The outlining areas in population are: Christiana 4191, Woodbury 2601 and Bell Buckle 391. Murfreesboro has multiple restaurants and events. Christiana is about 20 minutes away, Woodbury and Bell Buckle are around 40 minutes away. Depending on which area you prefer. Either way, no matter what town you fall in love with, East, West, North or South - I'm sure Tennesse is the place for you!

Bob

To add to my post, we are a white couple married 28 yrs, christian, conservative. We do have 2 children left in the home that we have adopted, ages 8 & 9. They are african/american and we love them as they were our own. We've fostered them since birth and decided God meant for us to have them so we adopted them. They would probably still be in school when we make our move, so a good public school system is important.
We want to vacation in Ky first before making a purchase, so please any info on best area where there is no racism and a good church community would be helpful. Thanks.

We are looking to relocate to retire within the next 6-10 years and are wanting to know if Kentucky or Tennessee would be best for us. Yes I know it is a long time from now, but we want to vacation in the area several times to see if the fit is right.
About us:
White middle age married couple with no children left at home, vote republican, christian, conservative, enjoy comtemporary christian church services. Looking for area where we can enjoy good resturants, maybe AAA sporting events or small college events, town of 5-10k with good shopping and easy to navigate in. Wanting home in or around mountainous region with good views. Or would be willing to purchase land with intention to build log home in future. Would like low crime rate(like everyone else!) and a place where neighbors are friendly and not afraid to wave or say hello. Is there any place like this in Tennessee? Also, not afraid of a little snow, so that doesn't bother us. Please hit me back as I posted something similar in Ky post and no response as of yet.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.