Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 AM

434 posts, read 1,121,403 times

Advertisements

Although I've skied before, my husband and kids ( 4 and 6) are joining me for a weekend ski trip to Wisp. I've already figured out that it will be cheaper to buy used equipment for the kids, rather than renting, since we'll be skiing a few hours a day for three days, thus incurring rental fees for three days.

I'm looking for a private instructor to give us a family lesson (I was told that private lessons aren't offered on holiday weekends) and I don't want my kids in the ski school.

I also need advice on whether a wagon would be useful. Friends out west always use one to haul their stuff around while skiing, but never having been to Wisp, I'm not sure if it is conducive to a wagon.

Appreciate any advice on these issues, or any other advice on skiing with kids !

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM

389 posts, read 799,784 times
The Frederick Forum might not be the best place to get the answers you're looking for considering the Wisp is in Garrett County.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:27 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,563,472 times
Why don't you want the ski school?

Every time I've been to wisp I haven't had to park far away.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 PM

244 posts, read 574,687 times
GIven that your children haven't skied before, definitely get them lessons however you can. The instructors do such a good job, much better than my husband or I could've taught or kids. We had them take lessons at Ski Liberty which is smaller and a great place to learn.
Your kids may tire easily so you'll probably be on the 'bunny slope' for a bit and may not need a wagon, which I hadn't heard of before until you mentioned it. The resorts aren't huge around here so I think you will be okay not getting one.
I would repost your question in the MARYLAND forum and see if someone can be more specific.

Have fun!

P.S. If you are a AAA member, look to them for any discounts. Buying equipment is expensive and they'll just outgrow it in a year, so AAA may have some rental packages. Or, a local ski shop may rent them cheaper than Wisp will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
View detailed profiles of: