Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 06:07 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,202,862 times

Advertisements

I like the area and that may be my new home once I leave Chicago.

How far is it from the Dallas city limits or is it closer to FW?

Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 01:05 PM

37,313 posts, read 59,971,020 times
map, anyone?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM

12 posts, read 33,939 times
Hi Ron,

I live in the Keller area, right next to North Richland Hills.

Personally, I would recommend Keller over NRH. Don't get me wrong, NRH is a great city, but it has a mixture of some lower income areas. Not that it is a bad thing if it's all you can afford, but you really can't go wrong with Keller. Great schools, parks, etc. It's been rated #7:
Moderator cut: 10 post minimum

NRH has some nice areas too...It all depends where in NRH you are thinking about. It's really not a bad area.

NRH is closer to Ft. Worth. About 20-30 minutes away. Dallas is about an hour away in traffic. (Which is a good thing, Fort Worth is more friendly, IMO).

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 12-12-2009 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: 10 post mininum for links to sites

Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 AM

37,313 posts, read 59,971,020 times
Keller has plenty of lower income areas as well--it is not Southlake or Colleyville--
and yes it does have some nice parks and lots of families and decent schools but you can say the same thing about NRHills to some degree and it is closer to drive to FTW from NRHills than Keller

Keller does have more aggressive city council and more open area to work with--so it is likely that Keller has more growth potential--and Keller definitely has more higher priced neighborhoods over 600K than NRHills does...

Old 12-08-2009, 01:49 PM

3 posts, read 18,037 times
NRH is a great place to live, just have to be mindfull of some of the areas, but all towns are like that. There are some really nice areas, and some not so nice areas. the areas closer to the Keller, Colleyville and Southlake area tend to be newer and nice. But yes very family oriented area!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:43 AM

394 posts, read 1,258,657 times
The more expensive areas of NRH are up aroun d N. Tarrant Pkwy and use the Keller School district, but that is a bit of a haul from Dallas. Heck all of NRH tends to be a haul even from Arlington, which is just to the south of it. NRH is definitely more on the beaten path to Fort Worth than Dallas.

I like NRH. There seems to be lots of growth potential there and some interesting neighborhoods. There are also older neighborhoods, but I've never seen anything that strikes me as "not so nice," although I have looked at some quite unacceptable homes there. As a matter of fact, I took a drive through just yesterday to check on the status of a home or two that I passed on (one in the Keller ISD and another a foreclosure that I lost out on). In each situation all of the houses around the ones that we were interested in were for sale. I remarked to the wife that if we had moved in we'd have though that they were moving out because we moved in! I'm glad that we chose a more established area to live in the end.

-Eric
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth