Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 07:43 AM

2 posts, read 9,721 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm originally from Texas but have lived in Chicago for the last few years and my job is relocating me to Fort Worth. My wife and I have been searching the internet for rent houses and have come across a few in the Parks of Deer Creek neighborhood located right off of I35, a few miles South of I820.

Can anyone tell me what this location is like....i.e. is it a safe neighborhood? Judging from the zip code 76140 statistics, it appears that it has an above average crime rate in all aspects, but it also is on the edge of a large zip code, so this neighborhood may still be in a safe area and just got lumped in with a bad zip. It looks like a new neighborhood but I know little about the surrounding area. Any info you can provide would be very much appreciated!!

Last edited by newtofortworth; 04-15-2008 at 08:40 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 9,721 times
Anyone know anything about this neighborhood?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:42 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,899,592 times
nope I don't know anything aobut that neighborhood.

To help with crime rates...check out the website familywatchdogus it will show sex offenders. I noticed that the area above 820--fossil creek area had quite a few.

Good luck with your search.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 7,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtofortworth View Post
Hi all, I'm originally from Texas but have lived in Chicago for the last few years and my job is relocating me to Fort Worth. My wife and I have been searching the internet for rent houses and have come across a few in the Parks of Deer Creek neighborhood located right off of I35, a few miles South of I820.

Can anyone tell me what this location is like....i.e. is it a safe neighborhood? Judging from the zip code 76140 statistics, it appears that it has an above average crime rate in all aspects, but it also is on the edge of a large zip code, so this neighborhood may still be in a safe area and just got lumped in with a bad zip. It looks like a new neighborhood but I know little about the surrounding area. Any info you can provide would be very much appreciated!!

I have lived in the Parks of Deer Creek subdivision since it was born. I've watched it grow from a neighborhood with 20 houses to a subdivision with approximately 700 properties.

The location is pretty ideal. Down Town Fort Worth is about a 20 minute drive (depending on traffic) and Burleson is 1 or two exits to the south. The area is really growing so shopping and restaurants are not far away. There is an elementary school within the Parks of Deer Creek.

Crime in our neighborhood is fairly negligible. In my opinion, it is low based upon our population.

We have a large pool and a walk in kiddie pool attached to the amenity center. There is also a playground with swings and stuff.

The neighborhood is governed by an HOA. I am a committee member but I must say that the association is not one of those nightmare associations you hear about. The dues...in my opinion are very high compared to the amenities that are available. About $440 per year. Payable every 6 months.

Visit [URL="http://www.theparksofdeercreek.net"]www.theparksofdeercreek.net[/URL]

Texas Koz

Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM

212 posts, read 573,606 times
its a nice neighborhood i had family that stayed back there a couple of months ago, i say go for it

Old 03-15-2016, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,375 times
I see where you guys are saying it's pretty ok...not much crime, but how are the schools?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth