Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 09:51 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,695,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Good news, Fort Worth core continues to add density. I think the southern end of downtown is going to see a lot of development in the coming years.
Let's hope so! It's got a long ways to go.

A friend rented on Main in this area some time ago. We took his dog for a walk and it felt like an abandoned city with a few hip enclaves of apartments with 'gentrifiers' serving as a beacon of hope for the south side's future. It's early in the process, but I do agree that things will get better there eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 PM

232 posts, read 360,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Dallas has plenty of other things going on with their Uptown and may be adding a supertall skyscraper in the near future.

I wouldn't worry so much about Dallas. They have enough as it is.
Dallas needs to stop showing off!

Old 09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
(I can't believe I forgot about this one...)

Mixed Use

- Victory Medical Center
Main & Hattie, Near Southside

This is a new $51 million 85,000-square-foot, three-story medical center and office building with at least 50,000 square feet on a 6.5 acre site. The medical center will have 25 patient beds, including five suites with private family quarters, four state-of-the-art intensive-care rooms, eight operating rooms and four special-procedure rooms.

They broke ground in April and have announced this for at least a year and a half.

Read more here: New medical center planned for Fort Worth's near south side | Mom2MomDFW.com

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...82357577_o.jpg

Rendering of the medical center and what the Near Southside is planned to look like within a decade.
http://victory-healthcare.com/fortwo...XK3CEbLkFk.jpg

http://victory-healthcare.com/fortwo.../structure.jpg

http://victory-healthcare.com/fortwo.../plantings.jpg

http://victory-healthcare.com/fortwo...flooring-4.jpg

Construction photo.

http://i.imgur.com/9iGyGr8.jpg

Last edited by Acntx; 09-09-2015 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted picture - post link instead

Old 09-08-2014, 09:37 AM

An update on West 7th.

The developers are spending $4 mil on renovations and a few additions, to be completed by the holiday season. So... yeah, it's a very minor update. But still, it's news.

The money's all going to:

- ambient lighting
- greenery and landscaping
- improved garage signage / directional sinage (which, sadly, is seriously needed)
- seating
- an event space (I'm guessing it would be what you see in Sundance)
- children's play area

FWBP article.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:38 PM

The growth and changing of Sundance Square continues.

Cabo Grande is out. "Overland Sheepskin" is in.

Overland Sheepskin opening Sundance Square store in Fort Worth

Overland Sheepskin chooses Sundance Square for first Texas store | Business | Dallas Bus...

Old 09-19-2014, 07:53 AM

Public

- Texas Health Southwest expansion
Texas Health Harris Methodist Southwest, SWFW

Quote:
$40 million expansion of Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is under way.

The expansion will add the second of two medical office buildings to the campus. The $40 million, five-story facility will feature an endoscopy and outpatient surgery center including an observation deck between operating rooms for families and other visitors. Also planned are three floors of physician office space for future growth and a five-story parking garage.
Texas Health Southwest breaks ground on $40M expansion

Schedule to open next fall.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:26 AM

Mixed-Use

- 424 Summit
Westchester Plaza, Near Southside

REIT, a California based real estate investment trust, plans to buy and demolish the 50 year old assistant living building and replace it with a six-story mixed-use building that has ground-floor retail w/ 250 apartments andan eight to 10-story medical-office building along with a seven-level parking garage.

Construction is estimated in June 2015, allowing time for the relocation of the Westchester’s tenants, with completion in June 2017.

REIT plans demotion of Fort Worth's Westchester Plaza, mixed-use redevelopment

current Westchester Plaza

Old 09-26-2014, 10:45 PM

Default Near Southside Projects

Ok, I missed 3 days, but I got A LOT to cover. So I'll start with the Near Southside (at the risk of infractions, I'll keep MOST photos in link and not actually post them up front)

400 S. Jennings

A $1.475 million incentive for a $28 million, 217-unit, five-story apartment complex at 400 S. Jennings to be developed by Rob McConnell, one of the development partners in The Phoenix, a new apartment property on the Near Southside. Construction on that project is expected to start in July next year, with completion in two years.

FWBP article

Current Site photo

Rendering

424 Summit renderings

Site

Apartments

West Elevation

Overview

Ground Level

Old 09-26-2014, 11:10 PM

Mixed-Use/Public

Farrington Field/School of Performing Arts Complex

VLK Architects on plans for a possible mixed-use development surrounding the 75 year old high school football/track & field stadium. There have been plans for for a Performing Arts school for the FWISD for some years now. Hopefully, this would become a reality to add on to the bustling West 7th/Cultural District and once and for all get rid of that open surface lot that's just BEGGING for development.

OVERSIZED IMAGES:

image From West 7th

image From University Dr.

Site Plan

Old 09-26-2014, 11:32 PM

Mixed-Use

T&P Warehouse redevelopment

Here's the article. Too tired to type a description.

Keep your fingers crossed with this one, because this has been on the shelves ever since I-30 moved. 2016 perhaps?

Phase I

- Redevelopment of the T&P
- Cut hole in the center (like Montgomery Plaza) on the first floor for "motor & pedestrian plaza"
- Ground floor retail, top floor apartments
- Penthouses

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2014/09...t_Corner...jpg

OVERSIZED IMAGE on Lancaster

Motor & Pedestrian Plaza

Storefronts/Patios

Lancaster Ave. Elevation

Penthouses

Phase II

- 4-story apartment
- ground floor retail
- 5 level garage

Overview

Front View

Last edited by Acntx; 09-09-2015 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted picture - post link instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth