Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 03:53 PM

16 posts, read 34,737 times

Advertisements

Hi All- We live in Grapevine and we are looking for childcare for our 18 month old. I have been a full-time mom but I have to head back to work this Fall. I am looking for a place with low child/teacher ratio because our daughter has some special needs. She has had seizures since she was 2 days old and it has slowed her development. (She is about 6 months+ behind her peers with milestones such as walking, talking ,etc). So although she is a toddler, she is probably a better fit in an older infant room. Please do not post ugly comments about me leaving my sweet baby to work. My heart hurts to do it but I am only going back to pay for the expensive therapy and treatment that she is currently receiving. I am currently looking at Daisy Hill and Creme de la Creme in Colleyville. Where else should we be looking? (Currently we cannot affort a full time nanny so that is not an option at the moment) THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,027 times
I am a professional Child Care provider with over 20 years experience, the first 11 in a center run very much like what Daisy Hill presents on it's site and the rest from my home. I do not have any personal knowledge of Daisy Hill, however it is one that I would say may be worth checking out. They may be more willing to place children according to needs instead of strictly by age, which will be an issue for many child cares.

I would think that if you can afford Creme de la Creme, you should be able to afford a nanny.

You might check some of the home providers close to you as they may be professionally trained as well and able to help with the special needs you daughter may have, and it would be a smaller group for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth