Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Smelley View Post
Oh my gosh! This was our family business. Reading all of this is making me so sad. I miss it also and RJ (Mr. Smelley). Lots of people had lots of fun at the Cattlebaron.
Hello Amy,
My husband David was at the Buckner Children's Home in Dallas in the early 1970's. Mrs. Dub Smelley was David sponsor (she would come and pick David up from the home about once a month) and David got to work at the Dairy with her son Rod (Aaaron) and he rode on the milk truck with Rick to delivermilk to Vandervoort's . David is trying to get in touch with Rick or Rod (Aaron). Rod was my husband's age. Are you Rod and Rick's sister and if so, can you put us in touch with one of them? Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,990 times
David (Sue) Stiff,
Try the Fort Worth phone book to find the parties you are looking for.
They are still around.
Mrs Dub

Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 23,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stiff View Post
Hello Amy,
My husband David was at the Buckner Children's Home in Dallas in the early 1970's. Mrs. Dub Smelley was David sponsor (she would come and pick David up from the home about once a month) and David got to work at the Dairy with her son Rod (Aaaron) and he rode on the milk truck with Rick to delivermilk to Vandervoort's . David is trying to get in touch with Rick or Rod (Aaron). Rod was my husband's age. Are you Rod and Rick's sister and if so, can you put us in touch with one of them? Thank you!

Hi. Sorry. I just saw this! My husband is cousins with Rick and Rod. You can email me at amysmelley@flash.net and I will give you their numbers.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,339 times
So sad that this place closed down! I have many great memories from there as well! My kids loved going there to eat and dance and it was a special place. I heard it was never going to re-open and it has been a decade at least.... so I am pretty sure those days are gone.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,170 times
Hello, my name is Wade Hawthorne. I was a lead singer there for The Cattle Baron Cowboys!! A fellow named Bob Bone asked me to come out for an audition and u was hired that night by Mr Smelly!! This was to the best of my memory, around 1989-93? We had the best band around in my opinion! We won Best Band of the Year twice and we had the Legendary Nashville Hall Of Famer Jody McCally. I loved that man!! I miss that time in my life singing there and my musician friends!! It was a great family place that had great food, great music, great atmosphere and great owners!! I was in a few pictures there on the wall including our band together holding our awards!! I wish I could those or a copy of those pictures somehow!!! Thanks for the good times Mr. And Mrs. Smelly!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth