Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 07:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 26,910,887 times

Advertisements

Hey, it's OK.

It does frustrate me when people immediately assume that new construction is the only way to go. Grapevine is an awesome suburb. DH and I have lived here for 8 years and we love it! But there is NO new construction here, and when people are unwilling to look at existing homes, IMHO, they miss out on some really good opportunities...

I have friends that live in south Euless, and I know from visiting them that I would not be comfortable living there. Their home value will either stay stagnant or decrease as the neighborhood deteriorates. Mine, however, will likely increase since Grapevine is a very sought-after area, and our neighborhood's homes are well-maintained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,543,317 times
I never said I was unwilling to look at existing homes, and I also said new or newER construction. It doesn't need to be brand spanking new....I would just prefer to have a home built within the last 5-7 years and I would also prefer to not own a home that was built in the 70s.

Thank you all for your recommendations though.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:31 AM

142 posts, read 362,803 times
In Euless, it's either very cheap, apartments or above 200K, Euless has become very distinct between the "haves" and "have nots". You may find a house in Grapevine, built in the 70's or 80's and completely remodeled inside, (granite countertops, custom closets, travertine tile or wood floors) higher end than some of the new construction that tends to be done with cheap materials, just think about that angle. Grapevine will retain/increse value more than anywhere else in the mid cities.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:29 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,543,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagreeneyes03 View Post
You may find a house in Grapevine, built in the 70's or 80's and completely remodeled inside, (granite countertops, custom closets, travertine tile or wood floors) higher end than some of the new construction that tends to be done with cheap materials, just think about that angle. Grapevine will retain/increse value more than anywhere else in the mid cities.
I'd be willing to do that, I basically know that GCISD is a good district and one of the main reasons my dad moved to Colleyville when he moved to Texas, also it's the halfway point between mine and fiances work/family. Working in downtown Dallas I don't want to live any more west then Euless/Grapevine area and his whole family lives in Azle/Fort Worth so we're having to compromise here lol

I've looked at houses on realtor.com in Euless, and the ones in my price range, well most have not been remodeled inside and have kitchens smaller then the apartment I'm living in now. There are things we'd be willing to do as far as remodeling, but I'd like the bulk of it to be done, which is why I'm leaning more towards turn key new or newer construction. Like I said, it doesn't have to be brand new, a remodel is great too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth