Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times

Advertisements

Glad I could help. Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM

208 posts, read 612,427 times
Well today was the "scheduled" Day of electric installation. I say "scheduled" because they never showed. I called LCEC, they said the construction crew got tied up and were too busy to make it to my house. I asked when they will come now, and she said she wasn't sure, but I should be happy that I was even "scheduled" so quickly. Like that would make it any better.

She said she would try and find out tomorrow when the construction crew would make it out to our house, although she is not sure she could get in touch with them, since they do not have contact with that department...

I told her I would call the Governor's Public Service Commission.

Well, that is it. I am still no further with this electric company. As my last resort, I will find a lawyer and sue for mold mitigation and power to my home. It will be worth every penny in lawyer and court fees.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 PM

Wow!

My suggestion is to see what they say tomorrow. If it is not satisfactory then call the PSC again.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Gosh...I keep thinking things can't get worse.

LCEC called this morning, right on time too. She explained about all the power issues last night, their crews were out all night. Since they were out all night, they can't work today. So, I asked if they wold get to my home tomorrow. She said, they can't really say. It depends if the crews get done with whatever else needs to be done that was previously started and if no more power outages happen. So, I said,"basically I have no install date and no idea when it will happen". She said, "that correct, but they would try".

So I called PSC again. You will never believe this one...LCEC is a co-op, so...they do not have power to force a co-op to install the lines. He recommended I get a lawyer.

I just broke down crying. I am held hostage by a co-op electric company. The more I **** them off, by calling, the more they can hold off coming, with excuse after excuse and there is nothing I can do, besides hiring a lawyer and suing them. I am just at a loss for words.

Its not like they are busy running lines to new homes and businesses.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 PM

I'd call this guy: LCEC

Then work your way down:LCEC

Finally call the district 6 trustee: LCEC

If the CEO can't help then I would start calling everyone including Santa Claus. What have you got to lose?

The contact numbers are on the website.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post

If the CEO can't help then I would start calling everyone including Santa Claus. What have you got to lose?

Thank you for your help. If they do not show tomorrow morning, I will start calling. I have been crying off and on all day. We can't even move into the house without the power on. No power, no water.

We purchased a used 15000watt generator today, just to get the air and well working. Can you believe, the generator won't start?! Our electrician picked it up for us and he couldn't even get it started. Dh is charging the battery again and will try it in the morning...

Old 09-18-2009, 03:28 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Thank you for your help. If they do not show tomorrow morning, I will start calling. I have been crying off and on all day. We can't even move into the house without the power on. No power, no water.

We purchased a used 15000watt generator today, just to get the air and well working. Can you believe, the generator won't start?! Our electrician picked it up for us and he couldn't even get it started. Dh is charging the battery again and will try it in the morning...
I'm hoping that the reason that we have not heard from Kristin is because she is down at the new house with her electricity on!

Fingers crossed!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:05 PM

No, they never came. I am totally discouraged and sad, not a good combination.

The generator won't start either. My husband is going to take out all the gas that came in it and put in new. He also needs to get more starter fluid. If he cleans the spark plugs and sprays the carb stuff in the carburetor, it starts for a second...then it just stops. He is hoping it is the gas.

I tried to get a number for the CEO and board members of LCEC. I was told the only way to reach them is through snail mail. Can you believe that? I am the member of a co-op, but have no way besides dropping a letter in the mail for them to hear my complaints. I will type one out tomorrow and send one to each person. It will be almost book length until I am done. I will include, peoples names and all the dates, that I was in contact with them. I will even put a copy of the inspectors results to our mold tests, that we had done before we had an offer on the house, and pictures of what it looks like now. I do not know how long it will take for them to get the letter, but the way things are going I am sure it will be before I have electric to the house.

I will keep you guys updated.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post

Ok, I snail mailed each and every person. The letter I sent to each, was the same, and was 3 pages long. It included names and dates of every call. I hope someone steps up and does something.

I called LCEC again today. Still nothing. Marcia said, "she will look into it and call back"...I won't hold my breath. I have never been a cynical person and usually very laid back, but this is just pushing all my buttons.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:12 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,093,244 times
have you thought about going off grid solar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area