Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:00 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times

Advertisements

I don't want trailers allowed in driveways either... even though I will have to pay to keep mine off my property.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:46 PM

681 posts, read 884,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post

I keep hearing the same thing about trash and junk on other peoples property. please stay on subject. just because you let people park their (this is the important part) trailers (that is what I'm talking about) on their property (and I emphasize again REGISTERED and INSURED) does not mean other people will all of a sudden start trashing the neighborhood.
And we are talking about Cape Coral not NH. I can not understand were people get this idea that everything will fall apart if property owners rights are restored. Boat trailers are allowed on peoples property, but cargo trailers are not, it's nuts. And just to head off the coming argument ANY boat that is going down the road on the back of a trailer is CARGO. So lets stay on subject Trailers is what I am talking about, because if you argue that trailers would trash the neighborhood then it should have happened already because boat trailers are allowed on peoples property, there even are a few in my neck of the woods. AND guess what no trash on the lots. So cut it out already with compering apples and oranges.
welcome to the club!
With the hope of distraction, desperate property owners, real estate agents and house flippers will try with each post to smear facts, issues, etc. But they always fail because there is no basis for their argument...only fairy tale stories of heavenly homes on pure white clouds.

Where the property line is..residents should be allowed to park WHATEVER they want ! We are talking about Cape Coral and not Beverly Hills, Ca. And it will happen but for a fee, a new burden.

Last edited by yoko; 10-29-2010 at 04:14 PM..

Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I don't want trailers allowed in driveways either... even though I will have to pay to keep mine off my property.
Well thats ok. even if they allow the rest of us to park our property on our property. You will still be able to park your trailer were you have to pay for it. If you got the money good for you a lot of people do not have the funds in this economy they are being discriminated against
The whole point is you will have a choice, right now a few people in charge of the city restrict the rights of everyone, that is not right.
If no trailers are allowed then boat trailers shouldn't be allowed either anywhere on the lot. Equalrightsforeverone that is what it is about right now a special interest group is granted rights that are denied to other property owners.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:03 PM

681 posts, read 884,114 times
“ The wait lists started slipping once the city started charging $10 to sign up. The city started with 400 people waiting. After the fee was installed, it fell to 180, Pratt said.
Many people have been keeping their boats on their properties to save some money, Pratt said.

..on a beautiful October afternoon, there were no boats in sight in Cape Harbour, Gallo said. “

Oct/10/2010
Cape Coral boat slips await occupants | news-press.com | The News-Press

Results of a gloomy economy and forcing too tight of a straight jacket on residents

Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 AM

225 posts, read 493,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Well thats ok. even if they allow the rest of us to park our property on our property. You will still be able to park your trailer were you have to pay for it. If you got the money good for you a lot of people do not have the funds in this economy they are being discriminated against
The whole point is you will have a choice, right now a few people in charge of the city restrict the rights of everyone, that is not right.
If no trailers are allowed then boat trailers shouldn't be allowed either anywhere on the lot. Equalrightsforeverone that is what it is about right now a special interest group is granted rights that are denied to other property owners.
This is not about equal rights nor is it about discrimination, it's about you being pissed that you can't keep your work trailer parked on your single family zoned property and someone who has a boat trailer can. There is a difference between the two and I for one think its a good ordinance. If you bought the trailer and then found out about the ordinance after the fact, then you have no argument at all. Ordinances weren't written with you (a law abiding citizen who keeps his trailer in immaculate condition) in mind, they were written to keep in check those who don't give two sh*ts about anything and think they have a god given right to do whatever they want.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyCF View Post
This is not about equal rights nor is it about discrimination, it's about you being pissed that you can't keep your work trailer parked on your single family zoned property and someone who has a boat trailer can. There is a difference between the two and I for one think its a good ordinance. If you bought the trailer and then found out about the ordinance after the fact, then you have no argument at all. Ordinances weren't written with you (a law abiding citizen who keeps his trailer in immaculate condition) in mind, they were written to keep in check those who don't give two sh*ts about anything and think they have a god given right to do whatever they want.
You are wrong, there is no difference between a boat trailer and a cargo trailer. They both haul cargo, one is designed to haul a specific cargo i.e. (Boat) one is designed to haul cargo i.e. (multipurpose). FYI any boat that is not in the water and is being hauled down the road, or stored on the trailer or off the trailer on someone's property is CARGO.
The city discriminates against the people that own multipurpose cargo trailers, if they allow cargo trailer that haul boats, then they must allow multipurpose cargo trailers or they are discriminating which they have been doing for a long time. And to suggest that it is only multipurpose cargo trailer owners, that trash the neighbor hood is insulting. In this country it is still illegal to discriminate against people on any basis. And it is also a violation of individual civil rights, that is the constitution maybe you should read the most important piece of legislation ever written.
Equalrightsforeveryone

Old 10-31-2010, 02:26 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
You are not allowed to keep a boat trailer in your driveway either. Only in your rear yard. One of the reasons I moved to CC was because I like the rules. I will lobby to keep the rules the way they are. I don't like the way neighborhoods look when there are commercial vehicles, trailers, RV's etc parked in their driveways.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:51 PM

616 posts, read 1,563,986 times
Add me to the list that likes the ordinance. In my area, there's barely enough room to have 4 cars in the driveway let alone trying to trailer a boat to the back yard without going on someone else's property.

Cape Coral is setup in two distinct areas - business and residential. Or if one thinks of it like - Cape Coral residential is setup up like a gated community without the gates. Like it or not, that's the way that it is.

I don't like wearing my seatbelt, but there's a law, that if I don't follow it, the consequence is a ticket - much like the commercial vehicle law in Cape Coral.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:14 PM

The problem is that they allow boat trailers on the property and do not allow cargo trailers.
I would be happy to park my cargo trailer in the back of my home but they do not allow it.
So If no cargo trailers then no boat trailers either.
And no this is not a gated community this is a city were all the residence should have the same rights not just the one's that think They and only They should get special rights because they own boats.
No special treatment for the folks that think that they are superior to others.
Equalrightsforeveryone NO absolutely NO special rules for the few.
Cargo trailer is cargo trailer no matter what the cargo.
Either allow all licensed and insured trailers on the owners property or none. This is still the USA We have law that protect citizens from What the few want. NO discrimination against one group of citizens while granting others a special privilege

Old 10-31-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
You are not allowed to keep a boat trailer in your driveway either. Only in your rear yard. One of the reasons I moved to CC was because I like the rules. I will lobby to keep the rules the way they are. I don't like the way neighborhoods look when there are commercial vehicles, trailers, RV's etc parked in their driveways.
I would think that most boat owners would be happy to be able to park their boat in the driveway, rather than having to drag it to the backyard every time they go out. But I guess there is always the few that are happy to drag it back there so long as they get a special privilege and others don't.
But the majority of the boat owners would be just happy if they could park their boat in the driveway.
That is the difference between some people, I want everyone to be able to park their cargo trailer (be that boat or multipurpose) in the driveway,- the other side just want what is best for them and wants to restrict everyone else.
It the old I don't care about anyone else as long as I get my way. That is discrimination plain and simple.
People that think that way should be ashamed of themselves that is not what America is about
Equalrightsforeveryone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area