Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:20 PM

15 posts, read 31,176 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a 25 yr old single black female. I currently live in South Carolina. I love the beach and I use to live in Myrtle Beach....basically grew up on the beach. However, I'm looking for a change. I have been reading some blogs about Tampa, FL and Ft. Lauderdale. I am at a lost as to which area I should move to. Maybe some of the you can help me by the below list of things I'm looking for:
1. Somewhere very close to the ocean...the ones that have clear water and can swim all year round
2. Somewhere that has a small town feel, but not too far from the big city.
3. Nice neighbor, mixed ethnic group, want a condo on the beach

I was looking into the Browards county area (plantation, hollywood, davie areas)...is that area nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,937,097 times
Think more "suburban sprawl" than "small town". You should check out Dunedin, FL outside of Tampa.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:26 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,262,864 times
Smile You might like....

Lauderdale by the Sea (small town feel)

Old 09-23-2009, 07:46 PM

15 posts, read 31,176 times
Thanks everyone. I am still reading more forums about the Broward County area. Can someone tell me how far Plantation or Hollywood is from Ft. Lauderdale and from Miami? I really want some where calm to live, but not too far from all the excitement and not too far from where most jobs are which I am assuming Ft. Lauderdale according to Careerbuilder and Indeed.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:57 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,937,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttnikki04 View Post
Thanks everyone. I am still reading more forums about the Broward County area. Can someone tell me how far Plantation or Hollywood is from Ft. Lauderdale and from Miami? I really want some where calm to live, but not too far from all the excitement and not too far from where most jobs are which I am assuming Ft. Lauderdale according to Careerbuilder and Indeed.
Google Maps

Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,845,592 times
Stay out of left lane.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:15 PM

563 posts, read 519,540 times
I came down to Florida from Myrtle Beach and I'm ready to go the heck back. Myrtle is a thousand times better. I used to live in Carolina Forrest.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM

4 posts, read 18,289 times
Broward county has a pretty diverse culture, nothing like a big city though. Mostly Spanish Culture. Plantation is a Western Suburb of Broward County where I grew up. I moved here in 1982 from Toronto Canada. Fort Lauderdale is due east of Plantation and Hollywood is South Of Fort Lauderdale, then N. Miami and Miami Beach. It is very calm in most of the places here unless you live in South Beach. The western cities tend to be more suburban (Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Weston, Coral Springs, Parkland, West Boca) and are family oriented with better public schools. The east side is more beachy and water oriented and expensive with worse schools unless you attend private schools. Living west you have to drive more, living east you can walk more to do shopping, etc. Las Olas area, Victoria Park & Wilton Manors cater more to the gay crowd and are also very nice places to dine and shop and are more expensive to live.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:51 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,084,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
I came down to Florida from Myrtle Beach and I'm ready to go the heck back. Myrtle is a thousand times better. I used to live in Carolina Forrest.

How is Myrtle Beach a thousand times better than Florida .... beaches are much nicer in most of Florida .. I spent some time with family "vacationing " in Myrtle Beach after spening four days in Charleston , which we loved ... other than golf .. Myrtle Beach was boring as hell

Old 11-24-2009, 02:53 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,084,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post

How is Myrtle Beach a thousand times better than Florida I hate sweeping statements like these .. .... beaches are much nicer in most of Florida .. I spent some time with family "vacationing " in Myrtle Beach after spending four days in Charleston , which we loved ... other than golf .. Myrtle Beach was boring as hell
puleeeeze !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area