Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 11:44 AM

11 posts, read 26,402 times

Advertisements

I am considering various places to relocate. Pembroke Pines, FL is one of them and am looking for some insider information. It would be myself and my 7 yr old. I am a health care professional and would like to be in a diverse family friendly place. We are from NY currently living in GA and would like more sunshine. Interest: Cultural diversity, education, outdoor activities, not too far from the beach (wouldn't mind driving 2hrs max), low crime, good schools, family oriented neighborhood.

Any and all information you can give would be great. Wherever I move I plan on renting first, at this time price range is not a top priority, but don't want to break the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 PM

40 posts, read 110,314 times
I was just re-located to GA from FL, Pembroke Pines. I loved it! I lived in Chapel Trail Hidden Lake and there are a number of great communities West of I75 off Pines and Sheridan. I highly recommend it and the schools are great. For great outdoor activities, check out South Florida Parenting Magazine. Plenty of beaches under an hour away (Hollywood beach is about 35 minutes away). I miss the warm weather but I am enjoying the new job and the beautiful topography in Peachtree City, Georgia. Good luck!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Pembroke Pines is a great area and was rated one of the top cities in America to live in a few years back as I recall.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 AM

13 posts, read 33,701 times
I am from NY as well Pembroke Pines is very nice close to the beaches would be Hallandale,Fort Lauderdale,Aventura,Sunny Isles and others

Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 AM

5 posts, read 34,223 times
Live in Pembroke Pines and hated it. Too crowded, too many problems. As far as diverse if your are Latin its a great area. Pines Blvd is a mess and the only real major way through town.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 AM

141 posts, read 405,346 times
Yup, at rush hours Pines Blvd is crowded, particularly around the I75 ramps although that is much improved now that the lights are somewhat synched. Compared to traffic in other areas i.e. NYC it's a joke.

Great place to live, quite diverse, very low crime rate. The city even has it's own system of Charter Schools as well as the regular Broward County schools. Shopping is incredible.
To the OP renting is an excellent way to get a feel for which development you prefer. They all seem to have their own personalities.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 AM

12 posts, read 49,130 times
Just be forewarned: If you buy a home built between approximately 2002 and 2008, it could have Chinese drywall, which causes a lot of problems in the home as well as to your health. Google Chinese drywall for all the information. There are a few communities in Pembroke Pines where Chinese drywall was used during construction.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:56 PM

389 posts, read 1,083,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwoodley814 View Post
Live in Pembroke Pines and hated it. Too crowded, too many problems. As far as diverse if your are Latin its a great area. Pines Blvd is a mess and the only real major way through town.

I'm assuming you didn't live in West Pines.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:05 AM

141 posts, read 405,346 times
I believe the few incidents of Chinese dry wall in Pembroke Pines were in Cobblestone. Most of the problems in Broward were further north.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:51 AM

63 posts, read 165,468 times
The Pines is a very nice area, specially the western side. We ave friends that live near Flamingo and Taft. We lived nearby in West Davie which is also a wonderful town to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area