Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM

13 posts, read 85,014 times

Advertisements

So I'm going to be moving to Broward County in a couple of weeks from out of state and am pretty sure I'll be living in the Pembroke Pines area. Is there anything to do around there? Good restaurants? Any nightlife to speak of at all? Nice gyms? Malls? I don't know anything about this place other than it's a decent place to live in Southern Florida.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:45 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,110 times
Quote:
Is there anything to do around there?
No. I live in Pembroke Pines now.. theres beaches if you go to Hollywood or Ft Lauderdale, but thats about 20 minutes away. Theres a mall on Pines Blvd, I think its called Pembroke Lakes Mall or something like that. Its ok, pretty good stores. If you like spanish food, theres "La Carreta" restaurant right on Pines and University, good cuban food. Where in Pembroke Pines are you going to be living? Where ever it is, make sure its west of University, you'll be safer and the areas a lot nicer. Want to just trade places? I'll move to San Diego and you can have my place in Pembroke Pines

Old 09-12-2007, 10:24 AM

13 posts, read 85,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonofillfaith View Post
No. I live in Pembroke Pines now.. theres beaches if you go to Hollywood or Ft Lauderdale, but thats about 20 minutes away. Theres a mall on Pines Blvd, I think its called Pembroke Lakes Mall or something like that. Its ok, pretty good stores. If you like spanish food, theres "La Carreta" restaurant right on Pines and University, good cuban food. Where in Pembroke Pines are you going to be living? Where ever it is, make sure its west of University, you'll be safer and the areas a lot nicer. Want to just trade places? I'll move to San Diego and you can have my place in Pembroke Pines

Sweet, sounds like suburbia to me. I haven't picked a specific spot yet but I'll keep in mind to look west of University. The reason I chose this area is because my office will be nearby and I want to have the shortest commute possible.

I think I'm a little bit crazy to be moving from San Diego, but at least I'll still have beaches nearby (with much warmer water too). Got to make sacrifices for your career sometimes, and I could be going to someplace much worse.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:18 PM

127 posts, read 431,695 times
its a great area,west of 75. malls lots stores,and resturants. Hard rock in hollywood beaches ect...

Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 AM

21 posts, read 55,221 times
hello,
well if you are moving to pembroke pines... consider west. because east is not too bad but not too good either...
restaurants you will have plenty to choose from... from latin food to fast food
pembroke pines has muvico (movie theater) they have malls. depending where you will live like 15 to 20 away is sawgrass mills its a huge mall with all types of stores... depending the highways you will be taking you are 30 mins away from south beach...
you also have Ft. Laudersale beaches, you have the hard rock that is not too far from west pemboke pines... trust me you will have everything you can think of in every corner in pemboke pines the city has grown soooo much that yea on the weekends good luck traffic is everywhere and everything is packed...
GYM??? you have options of L.A. Fitness and Bally's or privately own gyms to feel more comfortable...
so when you get to know the city (area) you won't have a problem...

GOOD LUCK!!! and welcome to Florida!!! :-)

Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 PM

61 posts, read 174,231 times
Ironically, my niece and her husband want to move to the Pines area from San Diego.

As for "what is there to do...", think nearby metropolitan area, and not just the city. That lets you take in everything from south Miami to Fort Lauderdale to Boca Raton and up to Palm Beach when you want to take a drive.

You can do whatever you want except snow ski.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 PM
vr2

224 posts, read 802,329 times
Larry,

This is a very old post, out West in Pines has changed quite a bit in the last 3 years. The mall is decent and they now have some great shops and restaurants at Pembroke Gardens.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:41 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
A nice established area in a less crowded area of Pines is called Pembroke Lakes....off Taft between Flamingo and Douglas. Nice older houses.....very well established...most remodeled. Safe area and none of that CRAZY "west of I-75" traffic.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:41 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Yeah that "west of I-75" traffic is really bad. Pines Blvd. is my least favorite route to travel in Broward. For such a new and wide highway, you seem to get nowhere in 30 minutes. I always feel like I get stuck at every single light without fail. They really need to convert Pines Blvd. to an expressway, or build an elevated expressway to get out west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area