Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 01:45 AM

20 posts, read 35,348 times

Advertisements

Hey i just moved here and dont know anyone or anything to do. im 17, turn 18 soon, and was wondering what there is to do that i would enjoy and be able to meet new people too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 AM

6 posts, read 9,594 times
Try Meetup.com and type in your zip. Loads of groups in the Fort Collins area.

Kat

Old 12-28-2009, 12:00 AM

20 posts, read 35,348 times
thanks kat
what about good places to go to meet people my age?

Old 12-29-2009, 04:30 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,338 times
Try downtown. Try the campus. The student center on campus probably has bulletin boards listing various events. There are lots of college freshmen who are 18.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:30 AM

19 posts, read 271,946 times
Nelson, we live in a college town here. Go meet the college kids. There are also many churches with amazingly large groups for teens, high school, college groups that are very active. My 18 year old has loved them.

I like the meetup.com idea. Start a group if you can't find a good one. I think the cost is about $20 for the year to run it.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:03 AM

4 posts, read 6,392 times
Fort Collins didn't have anything to do 20 years ago either. They have the SAME nightclubs and bars from 1990, when I turned 21. Unless you are a CSU student, or have college friends, you might be bored. A lot of the CSU students are snobby to non-CSU students. Like they are in an Ivy-League School, or something?! The only thing to do in Fort Collins is revolves around Outdoor sports, and CSU. I moved away, and got a social life, and plenty of dates, that PAID for dinner. Fort Collins Men are very Cheap. Good Luck!

Old 07-30-2013, 12:38 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,022,681 times
Join community sports teams (activity center)
Take sports / activiy classes (At FRCC or similar or Parks and Rec)
join hiking club
join camera club
Participate in community events (as a volunteer)
do drama presentations

I never was keen on friends my own age, I like a WIDE variety of ages. The wider the better.

If you are stuck with your age, then do the church group thing, there are tons of those college age groups. If you like BIG ACTIVE SOLID groups check out E-Free, but plenty more to choose from.
Wed night @ 7pm college_our_gatherings

Been 40 yrs since I plied the streets of Ft Collins as a teenager, but the venues seem the same, and I wasn't impressed, thus I spent most of my time in mtns with friends I met hiking. I was impressed with them and the fun we had together. The day I turned 18 I became a legal caregiver for a disabled parent, party over for next 30 yrs.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM

192 posts, read 257,842 times
I visited Fort Collins for almost three weeks. It's a great town to attend college, everything revolves around the campus. Any teen should sign up for one class just for the social benefits. You also keep busy having a job and taking advantage of being close to swimmable lakes and great biking paths. You're 18, if you don't like it, try somewhere else. I wouldn't skip college if I were you, they probably have a great community college there as well.

As an older female it wasn't sophisticated enough for me as a full time place to live. There are only so many times you can stroll the same streets and try the same cafes. I'm hoping to return to CO soon for another visit but this time will stay in Denver.
Meeting people isn't that easy at any stage in life, especially now that this texting thing has consumed so many people which is a huge social problem; people are totally disconnected from each other instead of more connected. They sit at dinner tables in restaurants and text each other.
Nothing compared to the social experience of being in college. You then have an alumni base for the rest of your life. I wouldn't miss out if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area