Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:42 PM

169 posts, read 673,049 times

Advertisements

Its probably about a 30-40 min drive one way.

Google thinks this:

Greeley, CO, USA - Google Maps

It all depends on where in Ft Collins you live and where in Greeley you will be working. West side Ft Collins and East side of Greeley = long commute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 07:19 PM

8 posts, read 26,911 times
I moved here from Houston, TX and the first winter was really hard on me. The next was a little better, and after two years I felt adjusted. The winters are relatively mild. We have 300 days of sunshine so even in the cold winter the sun is out most of the time. When it snows (except for this past year) it only stays around for a few days and then it melts away and is nicer again.

The water restrictions typically apply to watering your lawn, not your garden. I love gardening as well. Some people build little green houses to extend the life of their plants since our growing season is so short.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 18,198 times
We are seriously thinking about relocating to FC from NY, at the end of the year, my husband is an arborist (care of trees) and I am social worker, we are a little scared of finding jobs, any advice? Thanks

Old 07-29-2007, 05:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenFab View Post
We are seriously thinking about relocating to FC from NY, at the end of the year, my husband is an arborist (care of trees) and I am social worker, we are a little scared of finding jobs, any advice? Thanks
The job market is competitive. There are lots of people doing just what you are doing. Start looking ASAP. I personally think you would have better luck in Denver metro as it is larger.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:21 PM

788 posts, read 1,744,077 times
FC is definately a competitive market for MSWs - I know several who aren't working as such.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM

9 posts, read 58,540 times
Default FC Anti-business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
...The only drawback for us to living here has been the city government. Ft. Collins government has taken on a liberal slant in recent years. It's not as crazy as Boulder, but it does have a reputation for being anti-business. We need to expand our company and are moving it out of Ft. Collins to an adjacent city to escape Ft. Collins taxes, building fees and silly regulations...
I am in the process of reviewing potential markets for a fitness center, including FC. Could someone please elaborate on the anti-business aspect mentioned above? Thanks for the input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area